PDA

View Full Version : Hindenburg Omen

DrHenley
09-24-2013, 07:50 AM
I'm starting to hear a lot of chatter about the Hindenburg Omen. (named after the ill-fated German airship)

There is a set of technical criteria, but basically the theory is that in a healthy market, a large number of stocks can hit year highs or year lows, but not both within a short period. Having both year highs and year lows close together indicates a very unhealthy market and portends a stock market crash. Every crash since 1985 has been preceded by Hindenburg events.

In order to to eliminate false positives, the technical criteria have to be met three times in a row within a month.

The technical criteria were met six times in August of this year, in two groups of three.

TLE2
09-24-2013, 02:04 PM
:eek:

milkmanjoe
09-24-2013, 03:47 PM
Quick, everybody gimme all your money, won't be worth the paper it's printed on real soon. I'll hold it long term, real safe...:D

I agree with this.....soon the only talk about the Market will be the only place it can go is down. And it will go down. Current trending is not sustainable. But I have no idea what it's gonna look like out there.