PDA

View Full Version : Alaska Just Nullified Unconstitutional Gun Control Laws

Roverron
09-30-2013, 08:15 PM
According to this article, Alaska is asserting and enforcing the 10th Amendment.

http://www.capitalisminstitute.org/alaska-nullification/

Alaska Just Nullified Unconstitutional Gun Control Laws

The 49th state to join the Union has become the second to successfully traverse the perilous waters of nullification. In a sweeping reform, the state of Alaska has deemed that rights of the citizenry guaranteed under the state and national constitutions will no longer be ignored or side-stepped by an over-zealous federal government.

Utilizing the Tenth Amendment — which protects the rights of states to do whatever the federal government can’t do — Alaska has completely cut funding to a number of unconstitutional and illegal federal programs, including programs that violate the Second Amendment. This means enforcing those laws in Alaska is now essentially impossible.

douglas_knott
10-01-2013, 12:38 AM
I may just have to move.

TLE2
10-01-2013, 12:12 PM
If there is any state wherein you need to be armed, other than parts of IL and NY, it would be Ak. Way to go Ak!

Jdl2
10-01-2013, 05:17 PM
Heh. I heard we're going to do that here in NY, too:bs:
Doug, I'm moving with you.

Riverpigusmc
10-01-2013, 08:18 PM
Met Chuck Norris at the airport in Anchorage on my way to Okinawa once. Looks like his face caught fire and someone put it out with an icepick. Nice guy. Alaska is too cold for this hillbilly