PDA

View Full Version : Real numbers on Obamocareless

Roverron
10-01-2013, 02:52 PM
This was posted by a friend from another site:

My wife and I pay for our own health insurance from Kaiser here in Southern California. We currently have a 30/1500 - 3500 plan. What that means is we pay a $30 co-pay to visit the doctor (lately, it has been a nurse practitioner), a $1500 individual deductible and a $3500 individual max out of pocket deductible.

Here is the breakdown of what we have paid over the years:

2011 - $412. per month
2012 - $462. per month
2013 - $516. per month

Our rates have gone up while our coverage has been downgraded every year. We currently have at least 30 to 40 days to see our individual doctors for a standard appointment.

Yesterday we received a letter from Kaiser that stated the following (see attached):

http://i39.tinypic.com/2a8ktqe.jpg

I'm glad I get to keep my old plan, like Obama promised... Oh wait, what does the letter say?:

At midnight on December 31, 2013, we will discontinue your current Kaiser Permanente plan because it will not meet the requirements of the ACA.

It goes on to explain that they have chosen a new plan for us that will include all the requirements required by the ACA.

Please read the following page carefully. It states that our rate is only going to rise by $6.45 a month to $522.45. A rate change of only 1.3 percent. This is where the media will report that rates are not going up that high.

http://i39.tinypic.com/20k7qly.jpg

However, let's now look at the coverage difference from what we currently have, to the "new" plan (see attached).

http://i44.tinypic.com/v4c7ic.jpg

Not only is our rate going up, but our plan has been completely gutted and our deductibles have more than doubled and tripled!! We are now paying over $500. a month for a "Bronze" plan that is basically bottom of the barrel. We will end up paying $6269. a year for a crap plan that we could have purchased for $300. a month a few years ago!
----------------------------------------
----------------------------------------
The republicans are idiots for trying to delay this - let it fully sink in before 2014. Most idiot Americans won't bother to look at things like the change in their deductable until its too late. I can't wait for people's reactions once they start going to the hospital and using their new obamacare and get the "Surprise c*ckfag!" letter in the mail reminding them their deductable went through the roof. At that point, it might, might just start to sink in with the idiots who thought obamacare was such an Eff'n wonderful idea.

Xbonz
10-01-2013, 03:58 PM
All hail Lord Obama, the great saviour of the American people....

:banhim:

Snipersnest
10-01-2013, 04:22 PM
The Obummacare hotline crashed today because of the overload of calls. When ya get through, the so-called agents handling the calls have no answers. Didn't they school these people or at least give them a handbook to answer people's questions? This whole thing is FUBAR, but then it's the guvmint so it's SNAFU!

dw1911
10-04-2013, 12:40 AM
OUCH! That is terrible