PDA

View Full Version : Chicago Electric Tumbler

DaFadda
10-01-2013, 07:58 PM
Thought I'd give kudos to Harbor Freight Tools tonight. One year and 11 months and 23 days ago.... I purchased a large 18 pound Vibratory tumbler. Here is what I got:

http://www.harborfreight.com/18-lb-vibratory-bowl-with-liquid-drain-hose-96923.html

At the time, I got it at a new store, and the price was $119. I also purchased a two year extended warranty for an additional $19.99.

I have beat this thing, used it, ran much larger amounts than I probably should have through it at any one time, and it has never so much as "hiccupped." Until of course... tonight when I came home with some range brass to clean. I turned it on and heard nothing but a Hmmmmmmmmmm..... shut it off quick.

Went to my desk where I keep my important stuff and right on top was the two year warranty receipt. Picked the unit up, took it to Harbor Freight and the guy smiled and said "yup! Two year warranty. Hold on I'll go get you a new one." ON TOP OF THAT.... I was able to warranty the NEW one for another TWO YEARS and he even discounted the price. Two year warranty for $11.99!

I know that if this had happened on the first of November, I'd have been pissed off, but if it's going to break... let it break just before the warranty runs out!

By the way... best Tumbler I've owned. Large capacity, very very quiet, much quieter than the RCBS/Franklin I had before.

Riverpigusmc
10-01-2013, 08:10 PM
Good deal..things usually wait till the day after to warranty to take a dump. And I ain't editing cussing in our skypilots post :D

skosh69
10-02-2013, 02:57 PM
Wow, that's truly amazing considering the few items I've boughten from that store have either broken or bent.

Usually when I think of HFT, I think of flea market rejects.

Glad it's working out for you padre!!!

I'll stick with "big green", they sent me a new motor for free, no questions asked!

titanse05
10-02-2013, 10:17 PM
I have had good luck with everything that I have purchased from Harbor Freight. My father-in-law purchased a Chicago Electric mig welder and it worked great for my Dad's truck rust removal.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

DaFadda
10-05-2013, 04:23 PM
Ellison..... what is "Boughten????" Is that Calibonics (the language used in California??)

ROFL
Me

skosh69
10-05-2013, 11:41 PM
Ellison..... what is "Boughten????" Is that Calibonics (the language used in California??)

ROFL
Me

Damn spell checker ma thingy done broken on me!!!!

Dave Waits
10-06-2013, 10:30 PM
Chuck and I picked up this off-brand tumbler two years ago for, I believe, $35.00. I've run about four thousand cases through it so far. Runs like a top. Company clled Smartreloader makes them.
http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii180/retmsgt123/IMG_0696_zps2759978e.jpg (http://s264.photobucket.com/user/retmsgt123/media/IMG_0696_zps2759978e.jpg.html)

DaFadda
10-07-2013, 03:06 PM
@Dave, Smart Reloader has a number of products at very reasonable prices. The one you have looks to be about the same as the Berry, the Franklin and the RCBS / Cabelas... which are mostly made by Berry. They are "5 pounders"..... Mine is almost three times the size and is rated as an "18 pounder." I've thrown 1500 9mm in it and it doesn't even hiccup. Is a bit expensive at 199.00 regular price, but is often on sale for !49-169 range. And with a 2 year replacement warranty, I'm not going to complain! btw... like your shop!
Skypilot

Caleb
10-07-2013, 07:14 PM
Cool beans, I have been lucky 80% of the time at HF with tools and stuff.

Dave Waits
10-09-2013, 09:40 PM
Skypilot, that's a small part of our reloading room. I think there's a thread in the Reloading section where I posted pics of all of it.