PDA

View Full Version : Military Discounts For Veterans

Snipersnest
11-04-2013, 01:02 PM
Military Discounts for Veterans

Free Entrance Into National Parks – This freebie is in honor of Veterans Day but everyone can take part in it. Over 100 national parks will waive admission fees on November 9-11, 2013 in honor of Veteran’s Day.

Free Admission Into Knott’s Berry Farm – From November 4-27, 2013, veterans and those on active military duty can get free admission to Knott’s Berry Farm for themselves and one other

Free Haircuts at Sports Clips – Veterans and active duty U.S. service members can stop into participating Sports Clips on Monday, November 11, 2013 to get a free haircut.

7-Eleven – Free small Slurpee on Monday, Nov. 11, 2013 from 11 a.m. and 7 p.m. Offer good to all current and former military members. ID or proof of service required.

Home Depot and Lowe’s- The 10% military discount is available to. Customers requesting a discount must be able to show a valid military ID card or other proof of military service (a DD Form 214 or VFW membership may qualify).

Red Roof Inn 15% All November Veterans receive 15% off your stay the entire month of November! And don’t forget, Red Roof Inn is military and government friendly all year long, offering 10% off at locations nationwide. Who is Eligible?: Active Duty, Veterans, Retirees, Reservists, Dependents.

Seaworld Parks & Entertainment Veterans Discount Veterans get 50% off tickets now through November 11th, 2013. Seaworld properties include Sea World, Aquatic Busch Gardens, Sesame Place, Adventure Island, Water Country USA and Discovery

Veterans Day Freebies

Tip: Pay close attention to the date listed and what you need to bring so you qualify for the free meal. They don't all take place on Veterans Day (Monday, November 11, 2013) and some require different forms of identification. Some of these Veterans Day free meals are nationwide but some are only at participating locations. Please call the restaurant before you leave home to make sure they are taking part.

Golden Corral Veterans Day Free Meal (Monday, November 11, 2013): from 4:00 p.m. to 9:00

Applebee's Veterans Day Free Meal (Monday, November 11, 2013): You'll be able to choose a meal from a limited Veteran's Day menu: You'll need to bring in one proof of military service.

TGI Fridays: Get a free Veterans Day lunch.

BJ’s Restaurant Free Lunch or Pizza: All veterans and active duty military get a complimentary lunch entree or a one topping mini or individual pizza. Simply present proof of service.

California Pizza Kitchen: California Pizza Kitchen is honoring Veterans and Military personnel by inviting them in to dine for free. Enjoy a pizza and a non-alcoholic beverage for free. Dine-in only. Please come in uniform or bring your military ID or other proof of service.

Carrows: Get a free slice of pie with any purchase. Present military ID.

Chevys Fresh Mex: We’ll quote their Facebook status "Many of our Chevys locations are offering 20% off today (and every day) to veterans and active military with military ID. Check your nearest Chevys for what’s happening there today.

Chili’s Free Meal: (Monday Nov 11th) Veterans and active-duty military get a choice of 7 free meals. Show proof of military service.

Claim Jumper: we are giving all veterans and active military members and their family or friends 15% off all food purchases. Offer is valid on up to 4 people. Please show your military ID or DD form 214."

Coco’s: Free Slice of Pie. Present military ID.

Denny’s: All You Can Eat Pancakes. All active duty military and veterans with a valid ID.

Hooters: 10 Free Boneless Wings with the purchase of a drink for all veterans and active duty military. Military ID or proof of service required.

Krispy Kreme Veterans Day Free Doughnut and Coffee (Monday, November 11, 2013)

Little Caesars: (Monday Nov 11th) Free Crazy Bread. All active duty military and veterans with a valid ID.

Longhorn Steakhouse: (Nov 11-14th) Get a free appetizer and drink.

McCormick & Schmick's :Free Meal (Sunday, November 10, 2013) Veterans can stop into your local McCormick & Schmick's on Sunday, November 10, 2013 to get a Veterans Day free meal.

Olive Garden: (Mon Nov 11th) all veterans and military active duty will receive a choice of 1 of 5 entrees plus unlimited soup, salad and bread sticks.

On The Border: Free Veterans Day Meal

Outback Steakhouse: (Monday Nov 11th) Free Bloomin’ Onion® and Coca-Cola Must have valid identification. Also, receive 10% off the entire guest check (excluding alcohol, taxes and gratuity).

Red Lobster: (Nov 11-14) Free appetizer to all veterans and active-duty personnel.

Sizzler: Free Lunch from a select menu. Valid ID required or in uniform or photo in uniform.

Tony Roma’s: (Monday Nov 11th) Free Entrée

Texas Roadhouse: Free Lunch from a special veteran’s lunch menu.

MajO
11-04-2013, 08:35 PM
Saturday I bought a Glock 19 from a local "Authorized Glock Dealer." I paid $599. I asked about military discounts for retired military members and was told they had no such discounts. Later, when setting up an account on the Glock website, I read that Glock offers a Blue Ribbon discount for LE, AD, NG, Res and retirees through they LE dealers. Today, I called my local LE distributer and learned that the discount on the $599 gun was $200. $399 for the same gun. :eek: I called my local "Authorized Glock Dealer" and after much "discussion," was able to get my money back. When the money is firmly in my account, I will visit the LE dealer and get another. A 33% discount is a significant savings. :cool:

Roverron
11-04-2013, 08:49 PM
Saturday I bought a Glock 19 from a local "Authorized Glock Dealer." I paid $599. I asked about military discounts for retired military members and was told they had no such discounts. Later, when setting up an account on the Glock website, I read that Glock offers a Blue Ribbon discount for LE, AD, NG, Res and retirees through they LE dealers. Today, I called my local LE distributer and learned that the discount on the $599 gun was $200. $399 for the same gun. :eek: I called my local "Authorized Glock Dealer" and after much "discussion," was able to get my money back. When the money is firmly in my account, I will visit the LE dealer and get another. A 33% discount is a significant savings. :cool:

Congrats! Thats a heck of a savings!

.......and thanks for your service!

MajO
11-04-2013, 09:47 PM
Congrats! Thats a heck of a savings!

.......and thanks for your service!

Thanks. :D

skosh69
11-04-2013, 11:18 PM
I always take the 11th off....his year I'm hitting as many on that list as I can.....funny

Thanks for posting!

Riverpigusmc
11-05-2013, 07:47 PM
Had a guy ask me why I take veterans day off...told him I earned it. He said he takes it off too, (piece of dung civilian). My reply was "you take MLK day off too, and you ain't black...I see a pattern" We are not friendly co workers

MajO
11-06-2013, 01:42 PM
The money from the refund showed up in my account. I went to the LE dealer, and with my discount, bought a G19 for 459. with night sights. I would have been fine, right up until the minute the Tech showed me a bolt on light and laser combination for another 280. I could probably explain it away as a dog toy, until the price comes up. Oh well, this can be my 2014 project. :rolleyes:

http://www.cotep.org/forum/picture.php?albumid=35&pictureid=691

Riverpigusmc
11-10-2013, 09:12 PM
bump for Veteran's day