PDA

View Full Version : Cheaper to be divorced than married under 0bummercare

Roverron
11-13-2013, 01:04 PM
Divorces for everyone! Here's another nail in the coffin for America's family life.

http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/Articles/2013/10/02/Why-Divorce-Attorneys-Will-Love-Obamacare

"A typical 40-year old couple with two kids could save $7,230 a year by divorcing if one partner earns, say, $70,000 and the other $23,000. Sixty year-olds earning $62,041 each a year would save $11,028 annually if they broke up."

The couple’s annual unsubsidized premium while married is $11,547 ("tax credits” disappear at $92,401 for married couples with two children). But if they divorce and shack up while giving custody of both children to the lower-earning spouse, their combined annual premiums, at $4,317, will be more than $7,200 lower. That’s over $600 a month. As was the case in the previous example, the savings from divorce will gradually increase every year. Those parents will be torn between doing what Western civilization has considered morally right for millennia and their children’s financial well-being.

milkmanjoe
11-13-2013, 03:22 PM
This has been around forever.....is the main reason people on Social Security do not re-marry after a spouse's death. Also a reason for the huge jump in sexually transmitted diseases in Social Security aged people. Also the reason 73% of black youths born today have no father in the house. All about money. Sad state of affairs, to be sure.

Roverron
11-13-2013, 04:03 PM
Actually this is pertaining to obammacare in particular. I agree the marriage $$ issue has been around, but now it seems it would save quite a bit of $$ in regards to 0bummer's healthcare.

markbob45
11-13-2013, 08:09 PM
Once again liberal policies encourage tha break down of the family and the decline of our society.

DrHenley
11-14-2013, 07:48 AM
And now they have Obummercare ads blatantly promoting promiscuity.

This is one of the main reasons for the canceled policies and sticker shock. EVERYONE has to have full "free" birth control coverage, which most existing plans don't have. Your "crappy plan" that they say will be improved under Obummercare simply means that now you HAVE to have a plan that has "free" birth control. And we all know what "free" means to the whack jobs in Washington.

http://www.cotep.org/forum/picture.php?albumid=99&pictureid=702

This is obviously a ploy to entice the 20 something crowd to sign up for Obummercare, who are mostly healthy and don't need expensive health insurance. Of course the premiums are going to be way more than the cost of just going out and paying out of pocket for their own birth control. We'll see if the 20 something crowd falls for the scam. It doesn't look like it at this point.

milkmanjoe
11-14-2013, 11:56 AM
Sure, I could divorce my wife, take custody of our three kids, get food stamps and all the other bennies while my wife keeps her well paying job.
I won't, though I could, but others are not like me.
I qualify for disability but will not take it as I can function within my standards.
Pride comes to mind.