PDA

View Full Version : Product report: Magpul AFG

2TransAms
09-04-2011, 11:57 AM
This ain't gonna be too detailed. I just want to say I love it. It makes a great handstop that really lets you grip it, as opposed to plowing your hand into a vertical grip or the weird (to me) grip angle of holding a VFG. Very comfortable to shoot for extended periods (300 rounds in my case). I ended up moving it as far forward on a midlength handguard as I could, this is just what I liked best. YMMV. This gets the 2TA Stamp of Approval,if you were on the fence I say go for it.

Also got Magpul's polymer MBUS rear sight. I'm not a huge fan of plastic but I set it to cowitness my Eotech, then laid it back down. It's really just emergency backup. I'll probably never use it but its good to have handy if the battery goes out.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y257/2transams/IMAG0083-2.jpg

Sheepdog
09-04-2011, 01:06 PM
I have the hand stop. and really like it. I have been looking at the MBUS sights, but a little leery of them being plastic and expensive.

Thedragonslayer
09-04-2011, 02:03 PM
Very nice... Ive been looking at those. It will be interesting to see which I will like. Thanks for sharing.

rickshooter
09-04-2011, 02:09 PM
I got the small one on my LAR15 and it is very comfortable when shooting off hand

Thedragonslayer
09-04-2011, 04:40 PM
What about a run down on your rifle 2trannie???:cool:

2TransAms
09-04-2011, 05:06 PM
Nut'n special. DPMS lower that I horse traded for, RRA LPK and a RRA 16" midlength upper. All stock except the Magpul stuff. I'd like to build a better one eventually. Not that this isn't "good enough" but I'm well aware of what it's not also. EBR's an expensive habit to start though...:D

Neener Neener
09-04-2011, 10:20 PM
Thanks for the review. I had already made up my mind to go get one of these this week to put on my Noveske. I kep looking on ARFCOM, but they sell within minutes of someone posting them. I am on the hunt for a good deal on an EOTech, too!

On a side note, 2TA, Palmetto State Armory is having a Labor Day sale on their lowers for $49......made by FN.....go start building that better one!!

Thedragonslayer
09-04-2011, 10:44 PM
Nut'n special. DPMS lower that I horse traded for, RRA LPK and a RRA 16" midlength upper. All stock except the Magpul stuff. I'd like to build a better one eventually. Not that this isn't "good enough" but I'm well aware of what it's not also. EBR's an expensive habit to start though...:D

Thanks for the info... Im sure she shoots fine. She sure is good look'n!Ellison