PDA

View Full Version : Making Congress Work

Boats
11-20-2013, 11:42 AM
Sorry I've been away for so long. Been busy with lots of things, some family related, some work. Not as much time for high-end pistols. My guns need cleaning :)

One of the things I know we've all complained about here and likely elsewhere is how out of touch our government is with those they supposedly serve.

It's really gotten to where we serve them.

My company and I are trying to do something about that.

Here is an email I sent this morning to about 100 of my military friends. I copy it here in the sure knowledge that it will resonate with some/most of you.

Feel free to comment in this thread or by PM. If the message is "shut up", then I will, but I can't imagine that with you guys.

Boats

---

Shipmate, Friend,

I hope this message finds you well! But as you likely know, we have issues...

Feeling like you’re out of touch with Congress? Sure that Congress is out of touch with you?

Gallup says congress’ approval rating has slipped to a record low of 9%:
http://www.gallup.com/poll/165809/congressional-approval-sinks-record-low.aspx

No matter whether you’re left, right, or center, whether you’re a progressive, a conservative or a libertarian, you are almost assuredly of the opinion that our government is broken.

And I bet you think there’s nothing you can do about it.

Throwing the bums out would just result in bringing in a new set of bums under the current system.

Our government has many problems, but I believe there are two principle ones that, if fixed, could largely “fix” congress.

The problems:

1. Congress can and does pass laws on a range of matters that impact ordinary citizens, while exempting themselves from those very same laws.

2. They have so protected themselves that should they choose -- and most do -- we find ourselves fettered with career, life long, increasingly out-of-touch politicians working mainly to stay in office.

There is something we can do! It will take a lot of us, but we must do it or things will continue to get worse, month by month, year by year.

Let’s pass a new Constitutional Amendment via an Article V Convention. It’s never been done, but the timing has never been better.

Go to http://MakingCongressWork.org. Learn about how it can be done and how you can help. Take the short, two question survey, register, start a precinct. Give a buck or two. Become a part of the solution.

We are a non-partisan, non-profit organization. We do not share any information you provide us about yourselves with anyone.

Help us help you!

Visit MakingCongressWork.org

Register to join. Learn about Article V and how you can help. Email me back if you're interested in knowing more or taking a more active role and I'll let you know what I'm personally doing. If you're just not interested, please let me know, and I promise you'll never receive another email on this subject from me.

If, on the other hand, you agree with at least some of this, and even if you don't want to take a more active role, you can help by forwarding this message to as many of your friends as you are comfortable with.

Fair Winds,
Tom

Xbonz
11-20-2013, 03:15 PM
If you don't mind I'm going to copy this and paste it on another forum of which I am a member.

Boats
11-20-2013, 05:38 PM
If you don't mind I'm going to copy this and paste it on another forum of which I am a member.

I would be very happy if every one of you emailed it to every friend you have, posted it on every site you know, and shouted it from the rooftops.

That's what getting this done will take!

Thanks for caring enough to do it.

Tom

Xbonz
11-20-2013, 05:48 PM
I would be very happy if every one of you emailed it to every friend you have, posted it on every site you know, and shouted it from the rooftops.

That's what getting this done will take!

Thanks for caring enough to do it.

Tom

Done!