PDA

View Full Version : Some interesting and troubling info on Police Militarization.

Dave Waits
09-12-2011, 06:01 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/12/police-militarization-9-11-september-11_n_955508.html

DrHenley
09-12-2011, 11:37 PM
It's The Huffing and Puffington Post...not that they are lying or anything :D , but I would advise finding other sources of information to confirm anything you read there.

I think some of their contributing writers are from an alternate universe. Just look at the article applauding Obama's Jobs Speech...

Riverpigusmc
09-13-2011, 06:05 PM
The Huffington Post IS usually full of liberal dogma, but in this case I agree..police have been trying to "play army" quite a bit in the past couple decades..the murder of citizens in Waco and the Ruby Ridge debacle are just a couple cases in point. Add in the fact that every township with a population big enough to have trash pick up now sees the need to employ so called "SWAT" teams, complete with "snipers" capable of hitting shots clear out to 100 yards:p. I could go on, but I wont. Good find, Dave.

Thedragonslayer
09-13-2011, 08:11 PM
You know, its difficult to know truth from embellishment (sensational journalism). Sometimes I think they write things just to get a rise out of anybody.:mad:

230gr
09-13-2011, 09:57 PM
You know, its difficult to know truth from embellishment (sensational journalism). Sometimes I think they write things just to get a rise out of anybody.:mad:

watch the evening news lately? There was a god damned armed invasiono of federal, state, and local "law enforcement", in NYC over the weekend under the pretense of keeping you "safe". Don't forget CIA in that mix, which is being investigated by the CIA IG for it's participation in surveillance activities inside our borders.

that's not sensational journalism or needing to separate truth from embellishment.

DrHenley
09-14-2011, 06:53 AM
230gr, do you have a link to the story?

One thing the liberal media is notorious for is trying to use exceptions to make the rule. They can turn one story about a soldier abusing a civilian into an indictment of the entire U.S. military. Sarah Palin makes one innocent offhand remark, and they blow it up into a major scandal on the left wing blogs.

The question is whether this is a growing trend, or still just isolated incidences. If this were a growing trend, I think we'd have a hellava lot more stories about it.

Yes there are regrettable incidents, I don't dispute that. I haven't seen evidence that they are increasing in frequency.

I searched the Judicial Watch site for anything about the issue, and come up with nothing. I found a lot of articles about it on left wing blogs, all pretty much parroting each other and citing the same sources. The Huffington Post article in question uses the New York magazine as it's source for crying out loud!

Sheepdog
09-14-2011, 07:58 PM
Scary stuff! Denial is not a river in Africa.