PDA

View Full Version : Holder claims FBI prevented 148 mass shootings in 2013

Xbonz
12-17-2013, 03:05 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/12/17/holder-claims-fbi-prevented-148-mass-shootings-in-2013/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+foxnews%2Fpolitics+%28Interna l+-+Politics+-+Text%29&utm_content=My+MSN

The FBI says it has helped to disrupt or prevent nearly 150 shootings and violent attacks this year, in part by steering potential gunmen toward mental health professionals. It's an achievement that stands out during a year when President Barack Obama made curbing gun violence a priority, yet has had little success in getting new restrictions enacted.

Preventing mass shootings through threat assessments and treatment is an unusual tactic for an agency known for its crime fighting and not for interventions. One year after the deadly mass shooting at a Connecticut elementary school, the White House's biggest efforts to curb gun violence — attempts to reinstate the assault weapons ban and expand background checks for all gun purchases — failed without congressional support.

Not that I believe anything that comes out of Holder's mouth, but it appears as though they are finally seeing the light on gun control as a failed means of stopping violence.

Boats
12-17-2013, 07:22 AM
Not that I believe anything that comes out of Holder's mouth, but it appears as though they are finally seeing the light on gun control as a failed means of stopping violence.

You should stick with not believing.

Even if you did believe that the FBI is intervening (and I don't - just imagine how you think that might go down), it's much harder to believe that the libs would ever embrace the 2nd Amendment.

Sorry, I won't believe it from this government.

Boats.

Xbonz
12-17-2013, 07:59 AM
We really need a sarcasm smiley...

Boats
12-17-2013, 08:34 AM
We really need a sarcasm smiley...

Oops!

We really need a red in the face smiley :)

Boats

Xbonz
12-17-2013, 10:24 AM
Oops!

We really need a red in the face smiley :)

Boats

Nah! I just haven't been here long enough for folks to realize what a sarcastic SOB I am. :D