PDA

View Full Version : CBOB Break-In - Best Pistol EVER

spanky762
09-18-2011, 06:02 PM
(I cross-posted this from the 1911 forum. Hope this is ok)

Finally managed to get to the range today to start breaking in my CBOB (recently purchased unfired 2009).

I used Remington UCP 230 gr ball ammo. I only managed to get through 100 rounds before my daughter dragged me over to the five-stand to shoot sporting clays. (Shooting with my girl -especially when we are both learning a new sport takes precedence). I'll have to finish the break in later.

Anyway, I used both of my stock magazines and one extra Chip McCormick 8 round magazine. I had previously cleaned and properly lubed the pistol.

There was a fellow with his kids using the 7 yard targets (nice guy), so I set up targets at 20 and 30 yards. I slowly fired the first three magazines at 20 yards, using a Weaver stance. What can I say other than "Wow!". My group was centered about 1 1/2" high, and about 1" to the left of the bullseye, with all 24 rounds fitting into a baseball sized pattern.

I fired the next three magazines at the 30 yard target, using the same stance. The gun is more accurate than I am. My pattern was a horizontal oval about 5 inches above the bulls eye, and was roughly 1 1/2" high by 8" across.

I switched back to the 20 yard target for the last 4 magazines. I did one magazine with my right hand only, aiming sideways with my left hand held behind my back. All 8 rounds held within a 2" circle just above and to the right of dead center. I switched back to a Weaver stance for the last three magazines, but this time I fired all 24 rounds as fast as I could (while still maintaining a sight picture and proper weapon control). My pattern opened up quite a bit, but was still pretty good (all hits within the big ring on my target -an 8" circle).

Anyway, the gun worked perfectly, not a single FTF, misfire or jam of any sort. The action is as sooth as butter. To be honest, I have never fired any pistol ever that is as nice as this. I absolutely LOVE my Dan Wesson 1911.

One comment about the UCP ammo though. This is some dirty stuff. After only 100 rounds my pistol was filthy. The muzzle and about the first inch or so of the slide was coated with sticky blackish grey powder residue. YUCK! Next time I'll keep a Rem-Oil wipe handy to wipe the gunk off between rounds.

-Devin.

NAMVET72
09-18-2011, 06:30 PM
Welcome to our Own Little Forum. Thanks for the Range Report, but we also like pics.

Clyde

skosh69
09-18-2011, 11:21 PM
Awesome, thanks for the review and range report! As the big Kahuna stated, we like pics...."unwritten rule #1, it doesn't exist without pics"