PDA

View Full Version : Rifle Registration: Upward Of 30,000 Gun Owners And Counting

Roverron
01-01-2014, 10:28 AM
As the deadline for gun-owners arrived Tuesday, upward of 30,000 Connecticut residents declared that they own at least one assault weapon and registrations were still arriving in the mail.

The big question looking forward, which we’ll never be able to answer, is this: How many owners of military-style rifles didn’t register their weapons, thereby becoming criminals as of Wednesday? And what will state officials do about it?

State officials estimated 25,000 people registered as of Friday, and since then, thousands more came in by mail and in person at State Police headquarters in Middletown. Many owned just one firearm, said Lt. Paul Vance, state police spokesman. But, he said, “There are some who have many assault weapons.”

Separately, as of Friday, 17,000 people had registered magazines that hold more than 10 rounds, with many more coming in — and some declaring dozens of magazines.

Gun owners on the line who spoke with a Courant reporter on Friday did like having to register, and did not like the idea that the law is creating a new class of felons who were previously law-abiding citizens. Though an exact count of unregistered guns will be impossible to tally, there are records of retail gun sales, which could tell officials who in Connecticut owns a gun — assuming that gun had not been sold privately.

http://courantblogs.com/dan-haar/rifle-registration-upwards-of-30000-gun-owners-and-counting/
----------------------------
I hope the bolded phrase was a typo and should have been "DID NOT LIKE HAVING TO REGISTER"

Had to wait all the way till the end to find the 'if it only saves ONE child' nonsense.
And so it begins.............

“At the end of the day the goal is to enforce responsible ownership,” Lawlor said. “The goal is to have fewer people getting shot.”------WTF DOES THIS HAVE TO WITH CRIMINALS WITH GUNS? SURELY THEY ARENT STUPID ENOIGH TO BELIEVE THE BAD GUYS STOOD THERE AND REGISTERED THEIRS TOO!

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii217/cda97/Line_up_for_resistration_zps8ef56340.jpg

douglas_knott
01-01-2014, 11:29 AM
I just want to give a BIG F U to Connecticut and all the other liberal states that are stepping on our rights as Americans. Molon Labe.

Caleb
01-01-2014, 01:13 PM
What is an "assault weapon" and why do I not have one? Thete are a lot of ownerd of these weapons in cuntetticut. Wow how stupid.

I lost all my guns in that boating accident last year.

skosh69
01-01-2014, 02:13 PM
California just got surpassed as the stupidest state in the union......well, maybe not yet, but they're close!

dw1911
01-01-2014, 11:47 PM
And The Sheep line up for slaughter.
Assault Weapons? Don't have any, hi-cap mags, what is that?

TLE2
01-02-2014, 04:09 PM
Citizens becoming Sheeple in CT. How can this stand!

milkmanjoe
01-02-2014, 04:23 PM
Don't believe the part, or any story, that says gun owners are pro-registration. Even if I saw a video...the guy was paid to say it.
Nobody will become a felon until caught, meaning their un-registered firearm was used in some sort of event. Unless they have spotters/spot checks at ranges. They do in California.

Either way, Connecticut is a pisspot state. Don't let their cancer spread into your organs...VOTE, encourage VOTING, and stand strong.

EDIT:::: Here is a good read, stole it just now..... http://www.volokh.com/2013/12/31/new-york-7-round-limit-struck-second-amendment-grounds-assault-weapons-ban-10-round-magazine-ban-upheld/

Deleted
01-02-2014, 06:54 PM
What is an "assault weapon" and why do I not have one? Thete are a lot of ownerd of these weapons in cuntetticut. Wow how stupid.

I lost all my guns in that boating accident last year.

You can use any weapon to "Assault" someone with. So they can classify them all "ASSAULT" weapons if they feel to do so. Liberals are stupid like that.

Only Assault weapons are issued to our troops.

Here is the definition of ASSAULT WEAPON(S) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assault_weapon

Divepanama
01-07-2014, 01:51 PM
I got into a bit of trouble and had a post deleted on another forum for making the observation that too many gun owners in that state are sheep. What sickens me is how many now say "it's the law, we have to follow it." I guess the spirit of independence in America is a dead concept for many. Seeing American citizens lining up like cattle to be properly "registered" sickens me to no end.

Divepanama
01-07-2014, 02:02 PM
Here's an interesting tidbit from that article:
Though an exact count of unregistered guns will be impossible to tally, there are records of retail gun sales, which could tell officials who in Connecticut owns a gun — assuming that gun had not been sold privately.

“It would be interesting to compare those names,” Lawlor said. He stopped short of suggesting the state would conduct an active search for owners of unregistered guns.

Seems that those who say that commercial sales using the 4473 are not a form of registration might want to rethink that.

TLE2
01-07-2014, 03:55 PM
I have an AR. It is not an assault weapon. AR stands for "American Rifle" or "Assembly-Required". I didn't buy to assault anyone, so it ain't one of those things.

Roverron
01-07-2014, 04:20 PM
Here's an interesting tidbit from that article:

Seems that those who say that commercial sales using the 4473 are not a form of registration might want to rethink that.

Agree! It should be Constitutional Carry !

FBHO
FNP
FJB
FTL

Divepanama
01-07-2014, 04:49 PM
I have an AR. It is not an assault weapon. AR stands for "American Rifle" or "Assembly-Required". I didn't buy to assault anyone, so it ain't one of those things.

My understanding was AR originally stood for Armalite Rifle with 15 being the model number.

Regardless, my civilian made M4gery is not an "assault rifle." It is a gas operated, magazine fed, semi-automatic rifle that fires from a closed bolt. Same as the Browning BAR (civilian, not military), Remington 7400, etc...

Damn gun grabbers can kiss my 4th point of contact.

dw1911
01-13-2014, 11:12 PM
Those guns are "Sporting Rifles". That is what Wal Mart calls them! I am Not kidding.