PDA

View Full Version : Walgreens

Riverpigusmc
09-20-2011, 07:30 PM
Walgreens fired an employee for using a firearm to defend himself during a robbery..I sent a little email..just in case anyone here is inclined to follow suit

As a long time customer, I have learned that you recently fired an employee for using a firearm to defend his life in a robbery attempt at your store. As a Marine veteran and firearm owner who carries everyday (including YOUR stores here in the Gainesville Florida area) I find this preposterous. Be advised, with your stand on firearms and employee safety, my family and I will take our business elsewhere, and I'm advising everyone I know to do the same.

NAMVET72
09-20-2011, 07:53 PM
I agree with you Mike..............

Clyde

2TransAms
09-20-2011, 08:03 PM
Good for you. That's a BS policy.

Feathermerchant
09-20-2011, 08:14 PM
Well said Mike, thank you. I am passing this along as well. With a Walgreens on every corner, I hope there will be an impact!

BadOscar
09-20-2011, 08:24 PM
I hope the guy wins his law suite big time. Did you see the video? The robber tried to fire at him 3 times clear as day in the video. I found this comment interesting that someone made on the news story.

"Review of Walgreens' 8-Ks, it netted $6 mil in income collecting on Corporate Owned Life Insurance (AKA Dead Peasant Insurace AKA Dead Pharmacist Insurance) in FY2007, ten million dollars in FY2008, and five million dollars in FY2009."

skosh69
09-20-2011, 10:00 PM
I read that a few months ago in the NRA Rifleman magazine.

That sux....

DrHenley
09-21-2011, 07:45 AM
I have my prescriptions at Walgreens because of the convenience of being able to get them refilled anywhere.

That story made me start looking elsewhere.

Then Walgreens sent me a letter informing me that next year they will no longer honor my prescription plan. Hasta la vista Walgreens!

allrockabilly
09-21-2011, 10:28 AM
Very nice email. I am totally with ya, I am also passing this along.

-Ryan S

zenfly
09-21-2011, 03:12 PM
How about the military base shooting last yr it was I think.. And the one I just heard about in a IHOP where some of our national guard were gunned down by some $hithead followed by more shooting in the parking lot and none of these men were allowed to carry guns on them.. That is what is way beyond my comprehension.

Maybe someone can explain it to me..

Sheepdog
09-21-2011, 04:59 PM
I agree Mike. I will do likewise. These people need to realize that action have consequences.

230gr
09-22-2011, 02:42 PM
I don't care about no-guns signs or stances, I feel the best thing to do to them is ignore it and carry my gun right past their sign. It's concealed so who know's but me, but it's still the principle of it. I figure they don't care about my business anyway, so it feels to good to say F the sign and keep on marching. Same thing with AMC theaters, they're anti-gun, that don't stop me. My bank, too. I could careless about a no gun sign.

Mike S
09-25-2011, 09:37 PM
Nice email. I will do the same. (Not that I ever really shopped there. ;) )