PDA

View Full Version : A Leader

Thedragonslayer
09-21-2011, 11:28 PM
http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j441/TheDragonslayer1911/0921011431a_00011.jpg

This here is my niece and pride is a very small word for what Im feeling for her. She has a heart for those who are wounded and wants to work with them and their families. That has been her dream since she was a Sophomore in high school and she took huge steps in the past couple of months to make it happen.

She had never fired a weapon, is a beautiful woman with a line of crying boys in her wake, didnt even know what the word formation meant and certainly didnt have any idea of what a DI was.

She is now a Sharp Shooter, was chosen by 48 men and 5 women as the Top Soldier of her Platoon, was chosen by the DI's as the platoon Guide-on and finished PT at "ALL" the men's requirements in times that beat a good percentage of the men. Oh yea she was one of three people in her battalion to reciece accomendations during graduation tomorrow.

Very cool and I know that she will make a fine officer.

I do not favor women on the battle field, but the character of this young woman is remarkable. I think of Emily, Dylan and now Ameana... it is amazing the types of soldiers COTEP can produce. (ok she was from my sister, but it still counts!!!:D)

BadOscar
09-21-2011, 11:36 PM
Thanks for sharing Noel. I bet you and your sister are very proud.

NAMVET72
09-22-2011, 12:32 AM
I agree with you Noel, She will make a Fine Leader. I wish her the Best and I
http://i547.photobucket.com/albums/hh450/NAVET74/military_salute_smileyM.gif her. Bravo Zulu Young Lady............

Clyde

douglas_knott
09-22-2011, 01:30 AM
very cool Noel. i woulda never thought a pretty girl like her could be related to you. :eek:

Feathermerchant
09-22-2011, 08:46 AM
CONGRATULATIONS to Amina! And to her supportive family! What a proud moment for everyone. It is young men and women like her that give me hope in the future. Just look at that smile! Again, congratulations!

bvkdphillips
09-22-2011, 09:49 AM
Congratulations Noel! I proud for you and very proud of your niece. You should give her your CCO as a graduation present!!!

Bob

MajO
09-22-2011, 09:54 AM
Fine looking soldier! Well done, private. Congratulations Noel.

230gr
09-22-2011, 02:39 PM
that'll really make ya understandably proud!

Sheepdog
09-22-2011, 03:51 PM
Congratulations! You and your family should be very proud.

dennisc
09-22-2011, 05:32 PM
Congratulations to the new troop and your family.
Looks like she's going to be all that she can be.

jmlutz
09-22-2011, 05:58 PM
That's great, may the Lord be with her and protect her, she will be just fine. Congratultions:) Mike

Riverpigusmc
09-22-2011, 08:29 PM
How is this possible? I've SEEN you and she looks...umm..normal and attractive:D Just kidding, Noel..she'll make a fine addition to our military, and you are rightfully proud. Congrats to the family.

skosh69
09-22-2011, 09:20 PM
Thanks for sharing Stimpy...Maybe now Clyde will finally respect the ARMY!!!!!

AutoMag
09-23-2011, 11:33 PM
Good deal Noel, you must really be proud of her!!!Clyde

Thedragonslayer
09-23-2011, 11:40 PM
So we are all together this weekend with my whole family. Its interesting but the last time this happened was at the death of Ameana's Dad in February '02.

Ameana said one of the coolest times was at the very end. The graduation was over and she was being congratulated by the Major General and my sister comes over and says hey let me get a picture of you next to my daughter! Funny thing was he smiled at Linda and said ok. He puts his arm around Ameana :eek: and whispers in her ear... "Soldier I want you to smile, youve earned this!" Then Ameana leaned up and whispered, "yes sir!"

Now tell me that aint cool as crap!

Mike S
09-25-2011, 08:18 PM
Congratulations to her and to you and your family. She looks like a fine young lady and I’m sure she will serve her country proudly with distinction and honor. Please thank her for me next time you talk with her.

rickshooter
09-26-2011, 08:15 AM
So we are all together this weekend with my whole family. Its interesting but the last time this happened was at the death of Ameana's Dad in February '02.

Ameana said one of the coolest times was at the very end. The graduation was over and she was being congratulated by the Major General and my sister comes over and says hey let me get a picture of you next to my daughter! Funny thing was he smiled at Linda and said ok. He puts his arm around Ameana :eek: and whispers in her ear... "Soldier I want you to smile, youve earned this!" Then Ameana leaned up and whispered, "yes sir!"

Now tell me that aint cool as crap!

That is a wonderfull story. It shows that she can handle herself and that we still have people that no matter how hight they are recognize individual achievement at any level.

Rick

NAMVET72
09-28-2011, 02:17 PM
So Noel where is the pic of you and your niece???????????

Clyde

Thedragonslayer
09-29-2011, 11:00 AM
So Noel where is the pic of you and your niece???????????

Clyde

Well Chief, I've been trying to get several pics from my sister but she is like not computer lit!!! But Im working on it...