PDA

View Full Version : For All of Us

NAMVET72
01-14-2014, 06:43 PM
Members that like RIA's, well just saw on You Tube from the 2014 Shot Show, they came out with single stack style 22 TCM 1911 and a CCO.................:):D

Clyde

skosh69
01-14-2014, 07:00 PM
So when you gonna buy one of them???

Lonestar grips.
01-14-2014, 07:04 PM
very very interesting!

sdmc530
01-14-2014, 07:05 PM
very very interesting!

yes!!

Caleb
01-14-2014, 08:47 PM
Did you say.........CCO?

DaFadda
01-15-2014, 04:29 AM
POST THE LINK! Doc... don't make us go looking for it!
DaFadda

Roverron
01-15-2014, 07:47 AM
I'll take both please!

sdmc530
01-15-2014, 10:00 AM
I like it!

milkmanjoe
01-15-2014, 12:26 PM
Diggin' it...want the mid in .45......tomorrow will be fine...!!!!

Caleb
01-15-2014, 12:52 PM
You can have the TCM, I'll take the CCO.

dboy225
01-15-2014, 03:34 PM
Sweetness

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk Pro

KeystoneWeaponBK
01-24-2014, 09:02 AM
eh, yeah… can you get me a link to that because I am pretty sure there isn't a CCO unless I totally missed it! but you are correct, their is a single stack TCM and I played with the prototype they had, the big difference is that it has a fully ramped barrel for feeding…

The new catalog even references a long slide TCM, but at the moment it's a mythical unicorn to the best of my knowledge… I know some exist but I haven't touched one.

I want a midsize 10 though ;-) maybe a 40, maybe a single stack TCM, ah heck… I guess I'll take 'em all!:)

AutoMag
01-24-2014, 09:18 AM
http://youtu.be/BKobpXHvAxU

GD2A
01-24-2014, 09:24 AM
OK, my need to know outweighs my desire to "look smart" - LOL!!!

Why is it that RIA's seem to get more respect here than Kimbers?

I have both - just curious ... let the whippings begin :D

AutoMag
01-24-2014, 09:59 AM
OK, my need to know outweighs my desire to "look smart" - LOL!!!

Why is it that RIA's seem to get more respect here than Kimbers?

I have both - just curious ... let the whippings begin :D

I refuse to answer on the grounds that it may incriminate me.....:rolleyes:

Seriously, I really do not know but a guess on my part would be the price point on the RIA and the lifetime warranty on the firearm itself and not to the original owner may have a lot to do with it.:)

AutoMag
01-28-2014, 07:45 PM
Members that like RIA's, well just saw on You Tube from the 2014 Shot Show, they came out with single stack style 22 TCM 1911 and a CCO.................:):D

Clyde

Sorry guys.......there is not a CCO available from RIA.

KeystoneWeaponBK
02-03-2014, 10:14 AM
Sorry guys.......there is not a CCO available from RIA.

I have a CCO but she's not a catalog item ;) She is made out of magic!

OldEagleEars
03-06-2014, 12:04 AM
To my mind the answer to your question is not a very simple one. First, Rocks tend to be very elemental 1911's; no alloy frames or snazzy finishes, just steel and Parkerizing. That very simplicity may be the allure of the GI-series Rocks that despite modified ejection ports still evoke the original "Government-Issue" basic character down to the "thumbnail" sights. Second, while Rocks are inexpensive compared to a Kimber, SA or Ruger 1911, they are not cheaply made; the materials and workmanship are well above the cheese-level of many currently made automatics and light years beyond the "Saturday-night Specials" of 40-years ago. That inexpensive investment requirement means that when one succumbs to the inevitable urge to personalize or "improve" the gun, the thought of many, MANY dollars being compromised isn't there as much. It is analogous to hot-rodding; the cars chosen to be souped-up most often weren't Cadillacs or Lincolns, but Fords and Chevys; inexpensive but reliable cars that could benefit most from the time, money and ingenuity lavished on them. A Rock doesn't cost the moon for the average man so that leaves more money for aftermarket triggers, sights, grip scales and let us not forget; way-more money for ammo!
Most of us Rockheads wouldn't mind owning a Les Baer or (please, God!) an Ed Brown Signature Model; but we're pretty happy with our Filipino ironmongery and tickled to death with the warranty and customer service. Most of us just shoot what we can afford and don't feel cheated with our choice at all. So it's not that we don't respect the Kimbers out there; we just see no reason to feel inferior because of our Rock Islands.

AutoMag
03-06-2014, 07:21 AM
OEE, I for one can afford a Les Baer or an Ed Brown but my question is WHY would I want to spend that much money when my plain Jane RIA will do everything that they do, well except for the WOW factor of hey look at me I have a high dollar 1911!!:D

I have owned the rest so I will stick with the best!!!! Armscor/Rock Island Armory for me!!!

OK guys and gals I am ready to take my punishment for my opinions!!!!:eek:

Wait, I forgot this is not the 1911 forums where a comment will enrage others.................:)

Caleb
04-28-2014, 10:49 AM
OEE, I for one can afford a Les Baer or an Ed Brown but my question is WHY would I want to spend that much money when my plain Jane RIA will do everything that they do, well except for the WOW factor of hey look at me I have a high dollar 1911!!:D

I have owned the rest so I will stick with the best!!!! Armscor/Rock Island Armory for me!!!

OK guys and gals I am ready to take my punishment for my opinions!!!!:eek:

Wait, I forgot this is not the 1911 forums where a comment will enrage others.................:)

Blasphamy! To the plank with this traitor! Lets ban this.......wait, I totally agree!

I can buy 5 Rocks for the price of one Baer, Wilson, Nightawk, Brown, ect..... Not knocking these manus, just my opinion....why?

AutoMag
04-28-2014, 04:22 PM
Blasphamy! To the plank with this traitor! Lets ban this.......wait, I totally agree!

I can buy 5 Rocks for the price of one Baer, Wilson, Nightawk, Brown, ect..... Not knocking these manus, just my opinion....why?

Thanks Caleb!!!

I am not knocking the big name high dollar 1911's!!! If you want one by all means go for it. I am just not into that when my little ole RIA will put a bullet right where I want it every time.:)

I once heard that the best firearm is the one that goes bang every time that you pull the trigger and hits to your point of aim. My dad told me that!!!:)