PDA

View Full Version : LTGEN Hal Moore

Snipersnest
01-22-2014, 06:43 AM
Subject: All Vietnam vets - heads-up re Gen Hal Moore
Head's up in case you didn't get this. (for a couple of you that might not know... As a LTC, LtGen. Moore commanded a 1st Cav Bn in Ia Drang Valley in RVN "We were Soldiers, Once")

Today Cliff stern alerted me LtGen. Hal Moore (Ret) is very ill and not expected to live long. I called Joe Galloway, his best friend, and Joe confirmed, said it broke his heart when he became involved with advance funeral planning with the US Army. Whenever it happens, the funeral is planned for the large Catholic church in Auburn AL (don’t yet know the name or location) and interment will be at the Ft. Benning GA cemetery. The Army Aviation Heritage Foundation is also preparing, perhaps for a flyby, perhaps to fly the casket to Ft. Benning, but I don’t know.

Joe said Gen Moore’s family understands that countless Vietnam vets care deeply about the man, and Joe said we all will be welcome at the funeral. I can imagine the cars parked around that church might be more than hundreds in a parking nightmare, and the funeral procession from Auburn AL to Ft. Benning might be the largest ever seen. Maybe I’ll pack sandwiches in a cooler since a crowd that big will clean out every eatery along the way.

Joe said keep your eyes and ears open and you’ll hear about the event when Gen Moore passes away and the funeral is scheduled.

I am not involved, this is just a heads up in case you want to be one of many to pay your respects when the time comes.

Terry Garlock
Peachtree City

Grouse
01-22-2014, 09:11 AM
Read the book, what a man..

Riverpigusmc
01-22-2014, 09:51 AM
Thanks for the post, Herb

skosh69
01-22-2014, 02:00 PM
A true hero. He will be missed by many.

Snipersnest
01-22-2014, 02:17 PM
Guys I am so sorry, I posted this without checking the facts. I got the story from a friend who is very reliable and he sent me a message that the story is a hoax according to Gen. Moore's Facebook page. I shoulda checked the story out to make sure, let's hope that it is in fact a hoax. Again, I'm sorry I jumped the gun on this one.

skosh69
01-22-2014, 09:56 PM
:eek:

You're forgiven, I believe we're all guilty of doing the same thing once or twice!