PDA

View Full Version : Latest addition

Xbonz
02-06-2014, 12:51 PM

milkmanjoe
02-06-2014, 01:09 PM
Nice!!! I have the combat version of black stainless. You get it NIB?

jmlutz
02-06-2014, 01:58 PM
Great score!

ronpaul50
02-06-2014, 02:25 PM
Nice.

Caleb
02-06-2014, 02:52 PM
Nice! Congrats on the new aquisition, shoot the crap out of it!

milkmanjoe
02-06-2014, 02:56 PM
As NIB. Dealer said he bought it from somebody who never fired it. As tight as it is I believe him. Just field stripped, cleaned, and oiled it, and now going to the range.

Sweet.....should shoot like a dream. I had a stovepipe on the 300th round, a jammed in place stovepipe. SA took it in, I got it back completely refinished, a one piece stainless match grade barrel with hand fit bushing, a 4lb trigger job, new sights. There were some other things...all free. I priced the work at $600. I think cause they discontinued the model one of their smiths made me a real helluva gun, or for some other reason.
Too bad the model was discontinued, it sits in the safe. Looking at a Valor or TRP for carry.

zukinut
02-06-2014, 07:35 PM
sweet

KeystoneWeaponBK
02-06-2014, 08:22 PM
As NIB. Dealer said he bought it from somebody who never fired it. As tight as it is I believe him. Just field stripped, cleaned, and oiled it, and now going to the range.

You can't beat that, someone else's loss is your gain, excellent looking pistol!

skosh69
02-06-2014, 08:49 PM
Congrats on the new to you Springer!

dw1911
02-06-2014, 10:59 PM
Sweet!

milkmanjoe
02-07-2014, 05:57 AM
Just put 150 rounds of 230gr ball and 185gr jhp through it. 100 rounds were reloads that I got in a trade a few years back. First time I've shot them. 50 rnds were Tula :eek:..

Had a couple of issues with failure to fire on 3 of the reloads. Ran them back through when I had finished the other 147 rounds. This gun was tight as a ducks arse. Could barely take it down to lube it. So all things considered there really was no issue with the pistol.
I now know what it is like to shoot a real gun. Jeezus is it accurate... Sorry for the blasphemy Fadda.

Springfield Loaded models are, IMHO, the best bang for the buck on the market. I am talking $1000 range 1911's. I think Dave has a sticky here on lapping the slide, might wanna touch base with him if that gun needs it. I need to do the same since my Champion frame was replaced. My black stainless now has 800 rounds through it, is tight, yet the slide feels like it's on ball bearings. I don't have another 1911 that feels like that. You have the same slide/frame configuration, with a little luck and TLC you will have the same "ball bearing" feeling. Good luck with that gun, not that you need it. People will approach you at the range cause the model is so good looking.

Riverpigusmc
02-07-2014, 12:21 PM
Nice :)

BlackKnight
02-07-2014, 12:47 PM
Sweet! Congrats.

DaFadda
02-08-2014, 09:09 AM
Just put 150 rounds of 230gr ball and 185gr jhp through it. 100 rounds were reloads that I got in a trade a few years back. First time I've shot them. 50 rnds were Tula :eek:..

Had a couple of issues with failure to fire on 3 of the reloads. Ran them back through when I had finished the other 147 rounds. This gun was tight as a ducks arse. Could barely take it down to lube it. So all things considered there really was no issue with the pistol.
I now know what it is like to shoot a real gun. Jeezus is it accurate... Sorry for the blasphemy Fadda.

Hmmmmm its a springer loaded model.....did u expect a bad pistol? I have a three inch micro compact loaded model and can say with confidence that springer does do loaded models "right". Neve a ftf fte....or failure of any kind. Just since i got the dw cco, the micro has sat in the safe. Beautiful new pisto, enjoy it! Ohhh.... Its only blasphemy if you don't use the word SWEET before Jeeeezus!! This time ur forgiven! Lol!!

douglas_knott
02-08-2014, 09:17 AM
Springfield Loaded models are, IMHO, the best bang for the buck on the market. I am talking $1000 range 1911's. I think Dave has a sticky here on lapping the slide, might wanna touch base with him if that gun needs it. I need to do the same since my Champion frame was replaced. My black stainless now has 800 rounds through it, is tight, yet the slide feels like it's on ball bearings. I don't have another 1911 that feels like that. You have the same slide/frame configuration, with a little luck and TLC you will have the same "ball bearing" feeling. Good luck with that gun, not that you need it. People will approach you at the range cause the model is so good looking.

My guess is someone doesn't own a Dan Wesson. Lol.

Nice pistol though.

milkmanjoe
02-08-2014, 02:26 PM

My guess is someone doesn't own a Dan Wesson. Lol.

Nice pistol though.

Nope, don't own one, but have been looking at the Valor line. Truth be told an instructor had a Valor as an EDC and I wasn't impressed. My black stainless went through the Springfield Custom Shop and is light years ahead of his off the shelf Valor. But I still want a Valor, and if it doesn't meet up to my black stainless, the Springfield Custom Shop will fix it.:p