PDA

View Full Version : Confessions of a closet CZ fan...

DrHenley
02-23-2014, 01:01 PM
Well, I guess since CZ IS the parent company of Dan Wesson now, it's not a mortal sin, but...

I have liked the design of the CZ 75 for a long time, partially because it is all steel and partially because like the 1911 in the U.S., the CZ 75 has a long established track record in Europe. And the grip design seems to fit everyone. In fact, I was a CZ fan long before my COTEP Awakening occurred with my DW Panther.

But yesterday I fired a friend's CZ P07 Tupperware gun. Damn if that thing didn't feel and shoot like a DREAM! In a repeat of what happened a few weeks ago with my DW Panther, everyone who shot it was pinging plates one after another with little effort, even when they couldn't hit a plate to save their lives with their own pistol.

This is the first Tupperware gun that felt right in my hand.

douglas_knott
02-23-2014, 01:46 PM
I love cz pistols. That rami 2075. Is a good one too.

Caleb
02-23-2014, 02:57 PM
CZ makes a great pistol....the 75 is the most copied design in Europe for a good reason.

milkmanjoe
02-23-2014, 04:39 PM
Just took a look at that pistol...under $500....plenty of rounds on board....I wonder what ammo was fired in the video, looked like about zero recoil.

Caleb
02-23-2014, 04:41 PM
Just took a look at that pistol...under $500....plenty of rounds on board....I wonder what ammo was fired in the video, looked like about zero recoil.

It's a great plastic pistol for the price, Joe. The only thing I.personally don't like is the huge controls.

flphotog
09-20-2014, 05:53 PM
I bought a CZ 75 BD a couple months ago. Have my eye on a compact to replace my M&P 9c.
Love the CZ.
Thought I'd update this, I'll have the CZ 75D PCR in a couple of days but going to keep the 9c as well.

flphotog
12-16-2014, 03:04 AM
It's a great plastic pistol for the price, Joe. The only thing I.personally don't like is the huge controls.

Just noticed this, the CZ ain't no plastic pistol, at least not the 75BD that I have or the 75D PCR that I'll have in a couple of days. Not sure about the Rami but I think that is metal as well.

Xbonz
12-16-2014, 07:16 AM
I too have a CZ 75BD. Truly great weapon. Never fired the P07 but have read good things about them.

DrHenley
12-16-2014, 07:58 AM
Just noticed this, the CZ ain't no plastic pistol, at least not the 75BD that I have or the 75D PCR that I'll have in a couple of days. Not sure about the Rami but I think that is metal as well.

In the OP, I was talking about the P-07 which is a polymer framed gun. If there were a Tupperware gun I could like, it's that one!

http://www.cotep.org/forum/picture.php?albumid=22&pictureid=888

LittleGator
12-16-2014, 09:52 AM

Yep, the Rami is all metal. I've fondled one.

flphotog
12-20-2014, 08:42 AM
In the OP, I was talking about the P-07 which is a polymer framed gun. If there were a Tupperware gun I could like, it's that one!

http://www.cotep.org/forum/picture.php?albumid=22&pictureid=888

Sorry I guess I was speed reading and missed the P-07 but then again I didn't know it was plastic anyway, sorry.

dwsmithjr
12-27-2014, 08:36 AM
Well, I guess since CZ IS the parent company of Dan Wesson now, it's not a mortal sin, but...

I have liked the design of the CZ 75 for a long time, partially because it is all steel and partially because like the 1911 in the U.S., the CZ 75 has a long established track record in Europe. And the grip design seems to fit everyone. In fact, I was a CZ fan long before my COTEP Awakening occurred with my DW Panther.

But yesterday I fired a friend's CZ P07 Tupperware gun. Damn if that thing didn't feel and shoot like a DREAM! In a repeat of what happened a few weeks ago with my DW Panther, everyone who shot it was pinging plates one after another with little effort, even when they couldn't hit a plate to save their lives with their own pistol.

This is the first Tupperware gun that felt right in my hand.

I can't say I like the look of the P07 much, nor do I like polymer guns much either. I've owned a few and sold them all with one exception, a SIG Pro 2340 I currently own. I've owned and sold a couple before, owned and sold some HKs, owned and sold a Glock, shot a couple of others and contemplated a Sphinx SDP, along with an HK VP9, a P2000 and so on. Just can't warm to polymer.

However, I've heard some awesome testimonials to the P07.