PDA

View Full Version : New to me Springfield

milkmanjoe
04-04-2014, 01:00 PM
Hey Cotepians......Sorry I ain't been around, traveling and double Little League baseball duty have me hopping. Kids in general, you get it. Was up in SC, lotta rain, but did get a little video on the last day. This is the Springer I bought. Was gonna make a project out of it, but is shoots too nice so I might sell it and keep working on my Champion only. I'll be around more when season ends. Good news is the new cable is finally in, after five years, up in SC, so I will have constant internet when up there. Here's a vid to kill some time for ya....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLo2rzR7nZE

GD2A
04-04-2014, 01:13 PM
Hey, welcome back! I was just thinking about you this morning - glad all is well and you've just been busy.

With regard to the SAI Custom Shop, I've heard they'll work on other makes of 1911. I know you really like the work they put out but would you choose them over say, Alchemy or Severns?

Caleb
04-04-2014, 01:15 PM
Nice video Joe. Nice pistola as well.

milkmanjoe
04-04-2014, 01:52 PM
Hey, welcome back! I was just thinking about you this morning - glad all is well and you've just been busy.

With regard to the SAI Custom Shop, I've heard they'll work on other makes of 1911. I know you really like the work they put out but would you choose them over say, Alchemy or Severns?

I don't think I put any of them over each other. It is so hard to choose cause of damn time frames. I cannot wait a year for a gun, that is just me. What I do prefer about SA Custom is if you have a problem with work they did and it has to go back you will not wait long, it gets priority. I do think Alchemy and other higher end shops offer more "cool" custom work. I want to put a French cut on a 1911, a flat serrate top.......that will be Alchemy. But I will take any Springfield Custom Shop build any day of any year, holster it and trust it. Guess it depends on what work you want done.

milkmanjoe
04-04-2014, 01:53 PM

Thanks Caleb....what is your self defense round?

Riverpigusmc
04-04-2014, 03:02 PM

His self defense is running and hiding under the fridge...roaches do that :p

Hello, Joe

Caleb
04-04-2014, 03:06 PM

Hello, Joe

If there is no fridge near by Joe, I carry Federal HST....... http://www.federalpremium.com/products/details/handgun.aspx?id=1015

milkmanjoe
04-04-2014, 03:47 PM
If there is no fridge near by Joe, I carry Federal HST....... http://www.federalpremium.com/products/details/handgun.aspx?id=1015

You carry .45???? Damn, I figgered you for a .32.....OK then...you sure not a 9mm carry guy?

milkmanjoe
04-04-2014, 03:49 PM

Hello, Joe

Bwahahahahahahaa!!!! Hey Mike.....Howz Jake?

Caleb
04-04-2014, 04:01 PM
You carry .45???? Damn, I figgered you for a .32.....OK then...you sure not a 9mm carry guy?

I EDC a 9mm Fed HST 147gr or 124gr but, home defense is the 45acp!

When I get my DW CCO, then I will carry the 45acp.

skosh69
04-04-2014, 04:24 PM

Yep...I'm jealous of the fact you can walk out your back door to your own range and do what you did in the video. That could never happen in suburbia!

Xbonz
04-04-2014, 04:37 PM
Yep...I'm jealous of the fact you can walk out your back door to your own range and do what you did in the video. That could never happen in suburbia!

It could........

once.

sdmc530
04-04-2014, 05:23 PM
Nice VID....I like your vids....

GD2A
04-04-2014, 08:07 PM
Thanks Joe - appreciate your thoughts.

Riverpigusmc
04-04-2014, 10:48 PM
Bwahahahahahahaa!!!! Hey Mike.....Howz Jake?

peachy, my friend

Caleb
04-04-2014, 10:51 PM

Agreed

milkmanjoe
04-05-2014, 05:43 AM
I EDC a 9mm Fed HST 147gr or 124gr but, home defense is the 45acp!
Little known fact is Caleb found that gun online, at the other forum, and he notified me. I promised him first rounds downrange as a good gun karma, but we had to leave for SC so I shot first. However, Caleb, even though you do not want anything I have a box of Barnes 115gr 9mm solid copper rounds with your name on it...Just a Thank You. These were loaded hot by Matt at Hurricane Ammo. I'll see ya soon enough, will keep 'em polished till then.

When I get my DW CCO, then I will carry the 45acp.

I have to Thank my wife for that, when I wasn't sure she gave the final push to buy the place. It is fun. When I run low on deer meat or turkey I sit on my back porch with beers and refill my freezer. Pretty cool.

Nice VID....I like your vids....

Thanks, my 13 year old is becoming quite the cameraman. Me typing doesn't work out well...s-l-o-w...vids are fun for me and easy. I have a few new ones to post in the next weeks, just stuff I find cool and I hope you guys do too.

Big day today.....double baseball games, broke down mini van, and my beagles have found out how to dig under my fence. Damn back neighbor put sod ten years ago, too high, and it rotted the bottom of the slats. When the sod was going down he was arrogant..."don't worry about it"...when I told him the fence would rot. Now he will come out when my nail gun starts banging away this afternoon. Police should be involved by about 2 PM. He is alot bigger than I am, height wise, so I think I'm just gonna give him the Ivan Putski Polish Power punch in the face and be first to call LE. He has a habit of touching people when he talks to them, which I will mistake as a grab. A good all around Saturday...Little League, fix the family van and whack the neighbor. Sounds like a plan!