PDA

View Full Version : Old WWII Birds

Snipersnest
04-10-2014, 05:19 PM
I may have posted this already, but so what? :p Here it is again.

http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=ForumsPro&file=viewtopic&t=14428&finish=15&start=0

Caleb
04-10-2014, 06:35 PM
Cool pix!

My favorite plane from that era has to be the Corsair, just a cool looking design. Next favorite are the Mustangs and the P-40 Flying Tigers!

GD2A
04-10-2014, 07:21 PM
Great link, thanks for sharing! I've either never paid attention or this was the first time I ever saw bi-wing planes with an enclosed canopy.

Agreed on the Corsair - my favorite as well and that has everything to do with watching Bob Conrad and the (Baa Baa) Black Sheep Squadron on TV as a kid :D

Snipersnest
04-11-2014, 07:42 AM
The F-4U Corsair has long been my favorite warbird. The Japanese referred to it as "Whistling Death" as a result of the sound it made due to the radiators when diving.

Colt Hammerless
04-11-2014, 03:36 PM
Those are some amazing pictures! Especially the color photos. Kodachrome can make some of those images seem like they were taken today. I saw a photo of a factory floor filled with B-25s, and the clarity and color made it look like they started production on them again! Oh, yesterday, about an hour before I saw this link, a B-17 flew over my house rather low. I heard it first, and realized there were multiple radial engines coming toward me. Ran outside and looked up. What a sight!

Paul