PDA

View Full Version : Armour Gun Belts

VanCamp53
04-29-2014, 04:33 PM
I have no idea how many gun belts I have purchased over the years but it has been a bunch. Every time it was a new manufacturer as I was looking for the perfect belt. Several years ago I found what I was looking for and ever since all of my belts, all of my holsters have come from the same place. That is until a few weeks ago. I had heard about a company named Armour Belts that we're suppose to be putting out pretty good gun belts so I decided to check them out. I couldn't believe the options, you really have to think about what you want. Buckle style, belt color, thread color, length and hole count. This meant every belt had to be custom made! And the price, about $30 apiece cheaper than what I had been paying.

So I decided on two belts, one in black and one in brown, placed my order and forgot about them. It usually takes me about a month to get a belt so there was no point getting excited. Seven days later both belts arrived exactly as I had ordered them. I was shocked! I had ordered them on April 4th and on the 11th I was standing in my living room with both belts in hand ... Amazing!

I have been wearing both belts now for two and a half weeks and the following are my opinions. These belts are very well made, quality is every bit as good as my $100+ belts. And to top it off, these belts are double stitched, not single as all of my other belts are. I have gone to wearing these belts full time, I like them too much to let them sit then they are not carrying a holster. The only thing I would suggest is that when ordering, measure per their instructions and then add 1/2 inch to the length. These belts are thick enough and stiff enough that if you are measuring a gun belt for size you will probably be okay ... I was measuring a casual belt and ended up wishing I had ordered mine about just a tad longer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

douglas_knott
04-29-2014, 04:39 PM
Thanks for the review. Do you have any pictures or a link?

Xbonz
04-29-2014, 04:41 PM
http://www.armourbelts.com/

Sheepdog
04-29-2014, 09:46 PM
They look good. May have to try one.

Shark1007
05-15-2014, 07:29 PM
Armour are good belts, albeit a little rough for my tastes. They are blunt at the end/ no taper and stiff. They hold an OWB holster well.

I started with DM Bullard, who makes my favorite OWB holster. Their belts are amazingly sturdy, but a bit too pliable to hold a heavier pistol in OWB holster.

I next had a really nice belt made by Rick Garcia and it is sturdy, holds both holsters well and I felt was a good buy.

Next I tried Armour after learning they were handed over to a relative who continued to make the belts. I am a veteran and many holster/belt makers offer a ret'd military/leo discount, I am both. I called to order another Armour in another color and asked the guy for the discount code. He proceeded to give me a talking to about how he couldn't afford to give discounts because it cut into his profit but he would do it just one more time. I told him I'd pass.

Next, I contacted A&G and spoke to Al. He was delightful, pleasant and walked me thru what I didn't like about the Armour and he said he would make me one that would do it for me if I would just trust him. He was right, I got a beautiful horsehide that just never sags... period. I just ordered another one and spoke with him again, this time we discussed my weight loss and he calculated what size I should order by counting belt holes(he had made a 7 hole to be more adjustable) He gave the discount gladly.

I have a drawer of dead belts and holsters and probably will never buy anything but A&G again. He was only 10 bucks or so more than Armour. It's just cool these days of imports and assembly lines to have something made custom and in the USA.

Carl in GA
05-15-2014, 11:35 PM
I have an Armour Belt and a Jerry Bissell belt from before he turned the keys over to his nephew. The construction is the same: very thick and very solid. I couldn't imagine these belts rolling or becoming sloppy. The quick turnaround and great variety of options available are just the icing on the cake. They're a great value for the money.

The only thing is they're so thick I've had problems with some gear not fitting them well. Fortunately my go-to holster, a Nexus, works fine.