PDA

View Full Version : Holsters, process of elimination

Shark1007
05-15-2014, 07:45 PM
I've got a dead holsters drawer that is full and getting moldy. I think I have tried them all and for all different pistols. I first got Galco because it was in stock at LGS. They were decent.

Next, I tried everything that seemed a deal on Ebay to no avail. I bought weird holsters at gun shows that hung around your you know what and had a sunglasses case attached as well as a smart holster? that's a jock strap type thing that holds a pistol above your pee pee and works pretty well.

I bought kydex, leather, combos, both lined and unlined.

I like to carry OWB and found DM Bullard in Texas. Amazingly, they have a fair amount of holsters in stock with quick delivery. They have a model called the "bodyguard" which is an OWB with about a 15 degree cant which makes concealment a charm. I have them now for Glocks, XDM's Kahr PM45's and of course, the 1911. I got the 3" version, the commander and the full size style and could not be happier with the product, the military discount or the service. Next to the dead holster drawer is the Bullard drawer.

IWB I have the Sparks summer companion and am very happy. Additionally, I bought a Rosen IWB called the ARG or something and it seems a good one too. I'm 60 now and it feels as if pistols dig a trench in my butt after a while and I have to switch holsters. I got the Sparks and the Rosen on sale at Brownell's when Sparks had a long waiting list. I have Aliengear, Theis and Crossbreed and they are pretty good too.

If I can save someone some stress and expense, it will be a good thing.

Caleb
05-15-2014, 08:34 PM
Looking around now for one to carry the 4" STI I recently aquired. I need one (owb) that sucks the pistol to your side but, can be easily removed. I have to remove it for work and then back on when I get out. I was running a paddle kydex for my Ruger but, would want a leather for the 1911.

Riverpigusmc
05-15-2014, 08:41 PM
For me:
OWB BBQ- Wilson Combat Lo Profile in Shark...rides fairly high, pulls gun in tight

OWB truck holster- Wilson Covert QD. Yaqui style, dual snaps on each strap. Easy on and off

IWB Wilson Summer Companion (see a trend? :D) Easy on and off

Caleb
05-15-2014, 08:57 PM
For me:
OWB BBQ- Wilson Combat Lo Profile in Shark...rides fairly high, pulls gun in tight

OWB truck holster- Wilson Covert QD. Yaqui style, dual snaps on each strap. Easy on and off

Send one of those over here for southern Fl. testing. :D

GD2A
05-15-2014, 09:00 PM
For me:

You're a shameless Wilson fanboy and you think it's trendy? :D

Shark1007
05-15-2014, 10:02 PM
Caleb

If you ever get to Orlando, let me know and you can do a trial run on one of mine.

Caleb
05-16-2014, 09:18 AM
Caleb

If you ever get to Orlando, let me know and you can do a trial run on one of mine.

Thank you for the kind gesture, Sir. It's been a while since we have been to Universal (my Lady loves that place) so, maybe it's time for a weekend get-a-way in the near future. Maybe, I can sneak in a range trip while I'm there, lol.....