PDA

View Full Version : Kimber Ultra Carry II Good/Bad

gaguideman
06-14-2014, 08:15 PM
I would really appreciate any advice, good experiences, bad experiences, etc. on the Kimber Ultra Carry II model. I'm thinking about getting one and want to be a little more educated on these guns before I leap. Thanks ahead of time for any input.

Caleb
06-14-2014, 08:59 PM
I don't know about the "ll" version but, my buddy has the first version and it has been flawless. Shoots great too. The slide to frame fit is looser than a $5 hooker but, it runs! He loves it and would not sell it to me when I asked (several times).

Pawpaw
06-15-2014, 01:38 AM
I have an Ultra CDP II, which is essentially the same pistol with a carry melt and a stainless finish applied to the slide.

I carry it often. Does that tell you enough? :D

DrHenley
06-15-2014, 09:25 AM
Friends don't let friends carry Mimbers :D

Before pulling the trigger in a Mimber Ultra, take a look at the Sig Ultras. The ones on the web site are somewhat blah, but they make some really snazzy unlisted ones (mine came with G-10 grips and a magwell)

http://www.cotep.org/forum/picture.php?albumid=98&pictureid=593

How far are you from Valdosta? The Gander Mountain there should have some nice ones.

BlackKnight
06-15-2014, 11:11 AM
I'd buy the Kimber. While Indon't have the Ultra I own two, a Warrior and a Pro Raptor II. Very happy with Kimbers.

Pawpaw
06-15-2014, 11:36 AM
One thing you might want to know about Kimbers... Most, if not all, have a plastic main spring housing.

Sheepdog
06-15-2014, 01:43 PM
Hmmmmm? Friends don't let friends buy Mimbers! I don't bash other peoples guns, much. IMHO there are allot better 1911's out there for the money. They may not look as pretty, but function better.