PDA

View Full Version : New Springfield RO 9mm

flphotog
07-04-2014, 08:32 AM
My LGS ordered the new pistol on Monday, I picked it up on Tuesday, took it home and cleaned and lubed.
Took it to the range on Wednesday. All I can say is this is the best shooting 9mm I've ever bought. I also have a RI Tactical in 9mm which is pretty good after some extensive work but the RO is much better right out of the box.
Can't wait to get the time to do a trigger job and replace the MSH with an arched style.
Really happy with this purchase.

Riverpigusmc
07-04-2014, 10:07 AM
Pics :D

Nice score

AutoMag
07-04-2014, 11:22 AM
My LGS ordered the new pistol on Monday, I picked it up on Tuesday, took it home and cleaned and lubed.
Took it to the range on Wednesday. All I can say is this is the best shooting 9mm I've ever bought. I also have a RI Tactical in 9mm which is pretty good after some extensive work but the RO is much better right out of the box.
Can't wait to get the time to do a trigger job and replace the MSH with an arched style.
Really happy with this purchase.

Congrats on your new Springfield RO.:)

Much better right out of the box............come on now!!!!!!:D

What are you doing in regards to a trigger job?

flphotog
07-04-2014, 11:32 AM
Well, I'd post a picture if I could figure out how to do that on here.

I do quite a bit of work on the trigger actually. I like to get it down to 3.5 to 4 lbs with no creep. Stock, mine is about 6.5 lbs with quite a bit of creep. The main thing I do to get there is a bit of stoning on the hammer hook as well as the sear using an Ed Brown sear jig. Actually more than that depending on what I find when I get inside.

As for the pic is there any way to do that without using a link to somewhere else?

Caleb
07-04-2014, 11:49 AM
Congrats!

As for pics....there is a section on the above tabs to create an album and upload pics. I use imgur with links, works great and easy to use.

AutoMag
07-04-2014, 11:51 AM
Well, I'd post a picture if I could figure out how to do that on here.

I do quite a bit of work on the trigger actually. I like to get it down to 3.5 to 4 lbs with no creep. Stock, mine is about 6.5 lbs with quite a bit of creep. The main thing I do to get there is a bit of stoning on the hammer hook as well as the sear using an Ed Brown sear jig. Actually more than that depending on what I find when I get inside.

As for the pic is there any way to do that without using a link to somewhere else?

Sounds good on the trigger work.

As far as posting pictures I personally use Photobucket but I think you can post without using a picture host but I am not sure how to do it, sorry!!

flphotog
07-04-2014, 12:01 PM
OK, let's try this: http://imgur.com/a/XCEF0

The one on the bottom is my RO .45, the top is the new RO 9mm. Externally I've replaced the MSH and front sight on the .45, will be doing this on the 9mm as well. Just like the arched MSH better and really don't like the ILS so I kill two birds with one stone so to speak.

TLE2
07-04-2014, 12:16 PM
The images aren't publicly available. :)

flphotog
07-04-2014, 12:24 PM
The images aren't publicly available. :)

OK, working now, sorry for all the trouble.

Here it is again: http://imgur.com/a/XCEF0
Thanks

skosh69
07-04-2014, 01:57 PM
Congrats. ..nice pistola.

Sheepdog
07-04-2014, 02:23 PM
Sweet!