PDA

View Full Version : New S.A. range officer compact

Shark1007
07-07-2014, 11:15 PM
Anybody know when the new Range Officer Compact will ship? Police supply place has them ordered, $740.00 each sale price. They are said to be a copy of the Bill Wilson Carry.

Caleb
07-08-2014, 07:42 AM
Are you joining Matt's gun of the month club? :D

Shark1007
07-08-2014, 11:55 AM
Yep, I can't help myself.

Of course, you should talk, eh?

GD2A
07-08-2014, 12:32 PM

BAM!!! funny

Caleb
07-08-2014, 12:38 PM

BAM!!! funny

:D I don't know what you are talking about.

Shark1007
07-08-2014, 12:49 PM
I see, you can neither deny or confirm these allegations.........

GD2A
07-08-2014, 12:53 PM
I really need to revive my interest in model trains ... this gun stuff is getting waaay too expensive ;)

Shark1007
09-14-2014, 07:24 AM
Got it couple days ago, decent little pistol. It has the little clip to hold the guide rod spring back for disassembly. Trigger decent, overall weight nice and light and would make a decent carry piece. $709.00 wholesale, RSR had them in stock.

Not sure why I bought this one, I just did. The STI's have better triggers as does the DW CCO. My Colt New Agent returned from the mother ship and they say it's good to go now. At least I will have choices.

The weight of the pistol feels same as CCO, no rattles and when I feel a little better and get to the range, I will report back.

NAMVET72
09-14-2014, 11:12 AM
Got it couple days ago, decent little pistol. It has the little clip to hold the guide rod spring back for disassembly. Trigger decent, overall weight nice and light and would make a decent carry piece. $709.00 wholesale, RSR had them in stock.

Not sure why I bought this one, I just did. The STI's have better triggers as does the DW CCO. My Colt New Agent returned from the mother ship and they say it's good to go now. At least I will have choices.

The weight of the pistol feels same as CCO, no rattles and when I feel a little better and get to the range, I will report back.

:pics:

Clyde

milkmanjoe
09-14-2014, 11:35 AM
When that gun, the compact RO was announced, I was intrigued. But, not a fan of the bull barrel. Gun is probably a nice shooter. Good luck with it.

sdmc530
09-14-2014, 11:47 AM
When that gun, the compact RO was announced, I was intrigued. But, not a fan of the bull barrel. Gun is probably a nice shooter. Good luck with it.

I agree with Joe. I am not a fan of the bull barrel either, have one and not my favorite. Should sell the darn thing for as little as I shoot it. I have no doubt that the SA is a fine gun....

Caleb
09-14-2014, 12:12 PM

DrHenley
09-14-2014, 03:50 PM
But, not a fan of the bull barrel.

I think you are going to find that the vast majority of 1911s with a barrels shorter than 4.2" will have Bull Barrels (usually ramped) and FLGRs. It just comes with the territory.

I tried to find some currently manufactured 1911s with barrels shorter than 4.2" that didn't have a bull barrel just to see how many there were, and I could not find one.

dw1911
09-14-2014, 09:18 PM
Pictures Please

dw1911
09-14-2014, 09:22 PM
Anybody know when the new Range Officer Compact will ship? Police supply place has them ordered, $740.00 each sale price. They are said to be a copy of the Bill Wilson Carry.

I HAD a Bill Wilson Carry. Nice gun, but not $3000.00+ Nice! I sold it and bought 2 Dan Wesson Valor's. :D Full Size and V-Bob, both Duty Treated Black.
No Regrets

milkmanjoe
09-15-2014, 11:04 AM
I think you are going to find that the vast majority of 1911s with a barrels shorter than 4.2" will have Bull Barrels (usually ramped) and FLGRs. It just comes with the territory.

I tried to find some currently manufactured 1911s with barrels shorter than 4.2" that didn't have a bull barrel just to see how many there were, and I could not find one.

I find standard(plug/bushing) Springfield Champions on Gunbroker all the time. These are gonna be my retirement hobby. I have never paid more than $560.00 and once paid $390.00.....Every gun ran. A few wouldn't eat HP ammo well. One was a never fired 1991 Champion, I paid $506.00. Have eighteen of 'em now. But you are right....most current 4.25 barrels will be bull/bushingless....and that is why I don't buy them. The bull barrel, being fully ramped, has been declared more accurate by some, as well as more reliable feeding. I'll go with possibly more reliable feeding, but the accuracy claim will never be proven in my mind.

Shark1007
09-16-2014, 06:59 AM
I'll try again to post pics. You know, the pistol does resemble the Bill Wilson carry. I got it because I gave a Sig C3 to a friend who was carrying a K....., who am I kidding, I don't know why I got it, I just did. I will shoot it side by side with the DW CCO and see what happens.

milkmanjoe
09-16-2014, 11:12 AM
I'll try again to post pics. You know, the pistol does resemble the Bill Wilson carry. I got it because I gave a Sig C3 to a friend who was carrying a K....., who am I kidding, I don't know why I got it, I just did. I will shoot it side by side with the DW CCO and see what happens.

You got a beautiful pistol....and I think the idea of creating a compact RO is brilliant. The sights profile is perfection. With a 3.5# trigger, the heavier front with the bull barrel, the gun is a definite winner. Look forward to your range report.