PDA

View Full Version : A warrior rises

Franklin
07-12-2014, 11:56 PM
Thought you might be interested in the below story.
About one month ago and bad guy (bg) robbed a check cashing company with a gun. As he left, the Good Guys (GG) came; a car chase started. The bg shot at our warrior as he was chased. Our warrior continued the chase and ultimately rammed the bg's car. The bg was a very big man and was in a small car. He needed both hands to pull himself out of the car. With gun in hand the bg climbed out. Our warrior (GG) attacked, closing distance and firing. The bg was shot four times, once in the throat with a 40 S&W...and will never speak again. Our GG could have hunkered and waited for back up...that's what I would have done BUT by doing so more private citizens would have been put in harms way; our warrior attacked...think about that! Amazing, I never would have done that.
Sadly for the bg, the gun fight included our warrior, a LE firearms instructor. I know this man; thirty six year old family man. Kind, soft spoken, willing smile...a truly good man.
A Life as a LEO is a calling as much a career. They have to be prepared all the time to put themselves in harms way...to do their duty. Imagine, one minute having lunch and another, bullets crashing through your windshield, barely missing you.
The article below leaves all this out. The states attorney wanted to know why our GG shot the bg...my thinking, anytime a bg and gun are used in the same sentence, it's probably not good. But after all, we know felons can't own have guns...it's the law!
Franklin
http://m.wokv.com/news/news/local/orange-park-officer-shoots-robbery-suspect/ngB56/

guitargain
07-13-2014, 12:57 AM
It's nice to know the things the news leaves out. Thanks.

edgehill
07-13-2014, 06:07 AM
Thanks for this Franklin

Shark1007
07-13-2014, 01:01 PM
Thanks, Franklin, for posting this. It is a calling, one I miss every day it seems and it has been almost 40 years since I was the Po Po.

Wasn't it Twain who said "The two most important days in you life are the day you were born and the day you find out why."

Franklin
07-14-2014, 04:08 PM
Shark that was awesome. We each have gifts and a calling. You were one of the lucky few who found your calling and used your giftings. Can't imagine having a job you hated but had to do!
Franklin