PDA

View Full Version : Just Wanted

NAMVET72
11-16-2011, 08:10 PM
To let you all Know This:

According to the NRA's Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/NationalRifleAssociation
http://www.handgunsmag.com/2011/11/17/right-to-carry-reciprocity-act-passes/

"H.R. 822 National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Legislation, just passed the House! 272-154"

Just wanted to share............

Clyde

Sheepdog
11-16-2011, 08:29 PM
Yea!:party::party:

NAMVET72
11-16-2011, 08:30 PM
I now if it don't take 99 years to go into effect......

Clyde

Deleted
11-16-2011, 08:49 PM
Sorry for being stupid, just what does this mean?, guess i've not been keeping up to date on what matters latley.:o

It means that if it completely Passes, you will be able to CCW in every state..........................

Clyde

Thedragonslayer
11-16-2011, 09:05 PM
A step in the right direction... but my guess is they will step in it before its over with and then step on us!!:mad:

sdmc530
11-16-2011, 10:11 PM
i am for a nation wide ccw, however if the federal govt is in controll of it, I imagine the cost will be very high, the restrictions will be high and I will be dead before its ever put in place. I like the SD laws, ccw are easier to obtain, no case laws you can walk down main street in most towns here with a rifle strapped to your back and no one will even bat an eye....

Snipersnest
11-17-2011, 07:36 AM
Won't apply to Vermont residents, because they don't issue licenses. Also doesn't apply in Illinois and D.C., because they don't allow concealed carry.

Riverpigusmc
11-17-2011, 09:13 PM
Democrats like Chuck U Schumer will block it in the Senate, and if it DOES get out of commitee, it wont even resemble what the House passed..guarantee it will hurt our rights here in Florida, and we wont stand for it. States Rights mean States Rights..let each state choose, coz when the Feds get involved, it becomes FUBAR..healthcare, Ruby Ridge, Waco, Fast and Furious, Gun Control Act of 1963...see where I'm going with this?

GoldenVolt
01-14-2012, 10:10 PM
This quote s from the site.....

“This bill does not affect existing state laws. State laws governing where concealed firearms may be carried would apply within each state’s borders. H.R. 822 does not create a federal licensing system or impose federal standards on state permits; rather, it requires the states to recognize each others’ carry permits, just as they recognize drivers’ licenses and carry permits held by armored car guards.”

Am I mistaken that nothing has changed? That's the way it was, each State granted reciprocity to one another.

Unless we can buy OTC across state lines.:D

I know there was talk about the States that didn't have a CCW program, those residents of that state could obtain one in another State that did.

Snipersnest
01-15-2012, 08:54 AM
Am I mistaken that nothing has changed? That's the way it was, each State granted reciprocity to one another.

It's a major change, because few states had reciprocosity. If the bill becomes law, then there will be reciprocosity with all states that issue a license. Non-residents will have to abide by the laws of the state they're visiting.

GoldenVolt
01-15-2012, 09:30 AM
It's a major change, because few states had reciprocosity. If the bill becomes law, then there will be reciprocosity with all states that issue a license. Non-residents will have to abide by the laws of the state they're visiting.

I stand corrected. Turns out you are correct, I'm glad I don't travel much.:D

http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_carry_permit_reciprocity_maps.html