PDA

View Full Version : Question

NAMVET72
07-28-2014, 11:26 AM
For Mrs. Blade (Andy) and brownie I want to buy a descent knife that will hold a Good Edge and wont cost and arm and a leg.

Bowie or Combat knife,

Clyde

brownie
07-28-2014, 11:36 AM
Spyderco Perrin in a panther concealment sheath in vg-10 would be one of the first choices where price and quality are concerned. Price for what you get in steel and design is awesome, IMO. Fred Perrin knows a thing or two about designing a well hidden effective straight blade for defense.

vg-10 is one of my favorite steels for edge retention and ease of sharpening when it's needed. It takes a hell of a toothy aggressive edge quickly.

I could recommend others, but for pricing and what you get, the above makes a hell of a combat "fighting/combat" knife, though it's too light for chopping/hacking much of anything.

If you have other parameters or steel preferences, I could recommend others. Hope that helps

NAMVET72
07-28-2014, 11:37 AM
Spyderco Perrin in a panther concealment sheath in vg-10 would be one of the first choices where price and quality are concerned. Price for what you get in steel and design is awesome, IMO. Fred Perrin knows a thing or two about designing a well hidden effective straight blade for defense.

vg-10 is one of my favorite steels for edge retention and ease of sharpening when it's needed. It takes a hell of a toothy aggressive edge quickly.

I could recommend others, but for pricing and what you get, the above makes a hell of a combat "fighting/combat" knife, though it's too light for chopping/hacking much of anything.

If you have other parameters or steel preferences, I could recommend others. Hope that helps

Thanks brownie,

Clyde

edgehill
07-28-2014, 12:21 PM
I've also become a big fan of the ESEE knives as of late. I don't own any yet, but they are tough, durable knives. The people I know who own one, love them. You can get them in both 1095 and 440C. They would make a great everyday knife. Mike Perrin is VP of ESEE, but I'm not sure if or how he is kin to Fred Perrin who Brownie talked about.

Caleb
07-28-2014, 01:08 PM
For Mrs. Blade (Andy) and brownie I want to buy a descent knife that will hold a Good Edge and wont cost and arm and a leg.

Bowie or Combat knife,

Clyde

You will cut yourself.........knives are for big boys. :p