PDA

View Full Version : New (to me) kimber eclipse custom ii

MPDC
08-15-2014, 01:28 PM
Wife and I spent this morning at a Windy Hill Range, trying out my new Kimber I bought from GD2A , Matt.

First Mag, eight rounds at 10 yds. All in the head of a SD Police silhouette (thanks for those too, Matt). :)

Next eight rounds of Hydra Shock and flat wore the head out!:p

Next hundred or so rounds of Fed. AE 230 shot off hand and some moving to get the feel. Felt great, confident in it as an accurate carry piece (absolutely zero problems no matter how bad I made my grip and used my left hand too.).

I was surprised at how easily it conceals although I am not paranoid about printing. Fact is, it is as easy to carry for me as my XDSC, mainly because of the narrower profile compared to the little XD.

My wife shot it also and her only complaint was the weight. She was really surprised at how light the recoil felt, less than her little 9MM. She approved it, officially and proceeded to commandeer my XDSC as her own. :mad:

In short, love this gun, very happy with it and can't thank Matt enough for a great deal on my new favoritist weapon! :D

MajO
08-15-2014, 01:45 PM
Happiness is a new (to me/you) gun. ;)

Caleb
08-15-2014, 01:49 PM
Glad it worked out well (never had a doubt). Enjoy and shoot straight.

jmlutz
08-15-2014, 02:20 PM
Good Deal,congratulations!

Riverpigusmc
08-15-2014, 03:05 PM
welcome to the world of the pistolero

GD2A
08-15-2014, 03:38 PM
Holy crap! You mean that rusty old piece of junk that I never cleaned, oiled or cared for actually worked? funny

I'm glad you're as happy to own it as I was! Carry and shoot it in good health, Wayne!

MPDC
08-15-2014, 04:39 PM
Thanks Matt, LOL, won't be as purty with me using it.:D

sdmc530
08-15-2014, 04:44 PM
pics??? Never happened without pics...

MPDC
08-15-2014, 05:09 PM
pics??? Never happened without pics...

Yeah, try later. Files won't post (size too big?).:eek:

NAMVET72
08-15-2014, 05:13 PM
I guess we change you title back to MIMBER LOVER:eek::eek::eek:

Congrats,

Clyde

MPDC
08-15-2014, 05:33 PM
I guess we change you title back to MIMBER LOVER:eek::eek::eek:

Congrats,

Clyde

LOL, hard to fault this one. Tell ya what, you say potato and I'll say.......:D

GD2A
08-15-2014, 06:03 PM
The Eclipse Custom II is certainly one of the finest to love :D

ronpaul50
08-15-2014, 08:16 PM
Nice piece. Where are the pics?

Xbonz
08-15-2014, 09:05 PM
Who says ya can't teach and old dog new tricks?

Congrat's. Enjoy it, after you show us the pics...

MPDC
08-15-2014, 09:32 PM
I tried three times. Even my gallery. Don't know if it's too big a file from my wife's I Phone or our DSL is too slow tonight. We're in NC, not Fl. Where we have much faster cable internet. Wish there was an upload from device option here. :banghead: on an IPad, laptop tanked with latest windows updates.

GD2A
08-15-2014, 09:36 PM
9/10 times I can't upload pics either. I don't use photo sharing sites but I think the majority here that post do.

Deleted
08-15-2014, 09:54 PM
:banhim: He said a dirty word funny funny

skosh69
08-15-2014, 10:05 PM
I tried three times. Even my gallery. Don't know if it's too big a file from my wife's I Phone or our DSL is too slow tonight. We're in NC, not Fl. Where we have much faster cable internet. Wish there was an upload from device option here. :banghead: on an IPad, laptop tanked with latest windows updates.

9/10 times I can't upload pics either. I don't use photo sharing sites but I think the majority here that post do.

Sorry guys, you have to use a photo hosting site to upload pics here. Photobucket is the easiest.

Riverpigusmc
08-15-2014, 10:17 PM
Sorry guys, you have to use a photo hosting site to upload pics here. Photobucket is the easiest.

the Chimp speaketh the truth. I use the photobucket app from my phone. If I used it from dialup at home, it would go in a damn time capsule :mad:

Sheepdog
08-15-2014, 11:52 PM
Congratulations! Enjoy!

I can't believe you used the word that shall not be used IN THE TITLE!:D

Xbonz
08-16-2014, 07:22 AM
Congratulations! Enjoy!

I can't believe you used the word that shall not be used IN THE TITLE!:D

And he's from Florida!!! :eek:

MPDC
08-16-2014, 07:26 AM
Nothin' but HATE, HATE, HATE! No wonder I'm maladjusted and socially inept! :D

GD2A
08-16-2014, 10:59 AM
Maybe we need a clearly defined subgroup to officially hate. I submit ...

F.O.C.K.

Florida Outcasts Carrying Kimbers

Then people could post things like "what a dumb fock" and there's no confusion about what was meant :D

So far, Mike and Wayne are members ... anyone else?

sdmc530
08-16-2014, 11:12 AM
oh lord.....

Caleb
08-16-2014, 11:28 AM
:facepalm:

MPDC
08-16-2014, 12:25 PM
Pics in my gallery.

Riverpigusmc
08-16-2014, 12:51 PM
Maybe we need a clearly defined subgroup to officially hate. I submit ...

F.O.C.K.

Florida Outcasts Carrying Kimbers

Then people could post things like "what a dumb fock" and there's no confusion about what was meant :D

So far, Mike and Wayne are members ... anyone else?

funny funny funny

pony up
08-22-2014, 08:02 PM
Huh? I have one of those... I don't carry it partly because I recently was careless and stupid enough to give this pristine piece a gorgeous IDIOT SCRATCH.... first one in 66 years of field stripping 1911's. It is hardly noticeable but looks like the grand canyon to me. The other reason is that I shoot my DW ECO the best of all and it is easier to carry.. I will return the offended weapon for refinishing soon, hoping my momentary brain cramp never returns. Pony:confused: Is there a newbie list of banned words and phrases? Who knew?

brownie
08-23-2014, 09:45 AM
Nice score sir. Wear it in good health.

DrHenley
08-23-2014, 08:42 PM
Pony:confused: Is there a newbie list of banned words and phrases? Who knew?

Only one...the "K" word. The politically correct designation of that brand is "MIMber."

The "FL" word is not outright banned, just discouraged due to recent overuse. :)

pony up
08-23-2014, 09:50 PM
Only one...the "K" word. The politically correct designation of that brand is "MIMber."

The "FL" word is not outright banned, just discouraged due to recent overuse. :)

Thank you DrHenley;86478, Nice to have guide posts, very nice to have list short enough to remember under stress. I was wondering what and why I was tagged with mimber lover. Over excited and over the top but indeed I have respect for everyone I have owned. They have gone bang every time I have pulled the trigger and the hole in the paper has been reasonably close to my point of aim. I have never owned more than one at a time and there are none in my small "collection" of keepers however I do not recall a time in the past 15 years or so when I have not had one. They are good playmates. I never particularly liked the FL. place, promised myself I would never live where there were no mountains to ski however lately I find FL a damn fine place to be when there is 6 feet of fn snow in the driveway at home in Maine.. like from Nov. 1 to May 1. SO...I GUESS, SIGN ME UP as a dumb FOCK certified part timer at least. Pony :)

MPDC
08-23-2014, 11:11 PM
K K K K CHEW! Mmmmmmm must be FL FL FL FL FLu! :mob: