PDA

View Full Version : What magazines do you run in your 10mm and .45ACP DWes?

dwsmithjr
09-07-2014, 08:56 PM
Generally I have been running Metalform in the 10mm, that's what they came with, though I've tried Tripp Research 9 rounders. They run fine in the CBOB but not so much in the Razorback. I don't know yet if it's the mags or the gun or a bit of both. The RZ-10 is tight and not really broken in yet.

What about .45ACP. It seems the OEM are Metalform there as well. I've used KimPro, Novak-ACTMAG and Chip McCormick. The Shooting Star and Power Mags have worked well.

I've heard good things about Wilson Combat. SIG uses Checkmate, but I'm don't have a good impression of them at this point.

What do you run?

dw1911
09-07-2014, 09:18 PM
DW 1911's, 45 ACP.

Metalform, Checkmate 8 rounders with black Teflon dimpled followers and Hybrid feed lips, Wilson Combat 47d's, Chip McCormick Power Mags 8 rounders.
The ones SIG is shipping with are the Checkmate ones I mentioned, Great Mags!
I really have no mags that won't work in my Dan Wesson 1911's. Even Factory Colt mags work well.

DrHenley
09-07-2014, 09:41 PM
My DW and Sigs aren't fussy about mags. My Colt on the other hand, only works with Colt branded Checkmate stainless mags (non-dimpled follower, hybrid feed lips). The Rock, well it's too soon to tell...

The DW came with a USGI 7 round mag. I bought Chip McCormicks, Wilsons, and Colt branded Checkmates. I like the Colt branded Checkmates the best, but I have had a problem with the springs getting compressed after a while.
http://www.cotep.org/forum/picture.php?albumid=22&pictureid=864

Sheepdog
09-07-2014, 09:45 PM
I use Tripp, McCormick, Metal Form, ACT and I carry Wilson 47D's.

BadOscar
09-07-2014, 10:04 PM
I use metalforms with the round metal followers.

dw1911
09-07-2014, 10:19 PM

My latest Valor came with those, I LIKE them!

aqualungs
09-15-2014, 05:54 PM
My DW VBob came with Checkmate 8 rd mags, that I really like. I also have WC mags that run flawless, except for the flush service mag. Sometimes that mag causes the slide to not lock back on the last rounder, forcing me to pull the mag out... pbbbb

Sheepdog
09-15-2014, 08:12 PM

They are not sexy and be had for $11-12 on sale. I have never had an issue with them. Nuttin' fancy they just work.

dwsmithjr
09-19-2014, 06:03 PM
Generally none of my 1911 have been fussy about magazines. I usually stick with the mags that came from the factory with the gun and since none have turned out to be junk, I've used them.

With my Colt Delta, I used Colt branded mags; with the DWs, Metalform; with the SIG GSR Novak ACT-Mag (although these are no longer to be had, you can buy ACT-Mags that are not Novak branded); I have strayed on occasion and purchased Chip McCormick magazines and Tripp Research.

I did have a problem with some Chip McCormick Power Mags in a DW PTM-B I bought. They would not go in unless I pressed the mag release. Other mags were fine. Yet the same Power Mags will insert fine in my DW PTE-B. Haven't figured that one out yet.

BlackKnight
09-20-2014, 01:42 PM
I only use Wilson Combat with my .45's. Not to say that others won't work, but since I first tried them, they have been flawless. So instead of experimenting with unknowns I've stayed with what I know works.

GD2A
09-20-2014, 04:51 PM
I use Wilson and Colt mags in my Colts and they run without a hitch. They performed equally well in my Kimber, Metro and RIA when I still owned those.

sdmc530
09-20-2014, 09:25 PM
I only use Wilson Combat with my .45's. Not to say that others won't work, but since I first tried them, they have been flawless. So instead of experimenting with unknowns I've stayed with what I know works.

I feel the same way, been using WC after I purchased the first few. Run great with 10MM and my 45's