PDA

View Full Version : Your thoughts about STI?

Daedalus
12-02-2011, 04:31 PM
Awhile back I bought an STI Off-Duty 1911. It's a steel frame, officer-sized .45. At the time I recall posting that I sure wish DW made an officer model, but I settled for the STI. It has a built in rail, which I didn't (and don't) want but that's the way it's made. I know, STI also has an alloy frame officer size without a rail and Colt has the Defender and New Agent. Maybe some day I will have them all!

For one reason or other, I never have had time to break it in until today. I was totally amazed by the little gun! It works, works well, sends lead where you point it and feels fantastic in the hand. Two other guys with me shot it, my Valor and my CBOB and we all agreed it seems to 'fit' the hand best. It was a great morning at the range.

By the way - I also have a DW ECO on pre-order. Of course, it was leaked or announced after I bought the STI!

Sorry for running on. I was wondering about the opinion/experience of others in the Brotherhood about STI in general and the Off Duty in particular.

sdmc530
12-02-2011, 05:01 PM
Daedalus,
You are nut on about STI. It is by far my favorite gun I own. My wife god bless her bought me a Trojan 5.0 for my 30th Birthday. I love all my guns but that one just seems to "feel" the best when shooting. Their quialing and customer service it second to none. I am going to get another one some day. It shoots better than I am able, I can't say that about all my guns but my STI is way better than me. Will shoot all day with no hiccups and just a nice gun. I did have them do a trigger job, replace the main spring housing because they use polymer, lord knows why. I put some Larryd grips with the STI logo on them and got a blacked out gun. As soon as I get my camera back from repair I can post some gun pics.

Anyways I guess you can tell I like STI....Never shot a the Off Duty but shot the spartan and one SVI once and they are all great.

ENJOY!!!!

Daedalus
12-02-2011, 07:15 PM
Thank you, Sir. I was half thinking I would have the forum all over my sorry butt for bringing an off brand girl to the party ;)

Neener Neener
12-02-2011, 08:04 PM
Thank you, Sir. I was half thinking I would have the forum all over my sorry butt for bringing an off brand girl to the party ;)

Heck, no. You will find we are not brand snobs, although quite a few of us have a distaste for Series 2 Kimbers. That leads to a good harassing of those on here who have them, too! Anyway, I have an STI Guardian in the safe. It is a fantastic pistol with tremendous fit and finish. Keep it, cherish it, and shoot it. They rarely come much better.

Riverpigusmc
12-02-2011, 08:21 PM
Heck, no. You will find we are not brand snobs, although quite a few of us have a distaste for Series 2 Kimbers. That leads to a good harassing of those on here who have them, too! Anyway, I have an STI Guardian in the safe. It is a fantastic pistol with tremendous fit and finish. Keep it, cherish it, and shoot it. They rarely come much better.

Leave me alone about my poor Tactical Pro II..it was free! Besides, I bought a Wilson, so the Mimber just resides in the safe:p

sdmc530
12-02-2011, 09:11 PM
Leave me alone about my poor Tactical Pro II..it was free! Besides, I bought a Wilson, so the Mimber just resides in the safe:p

I too have a stainless II kimber.....shhhh don't tell anyone, I even kind of like it. Still the STI is badd azzz

Sheepdog
12-02-2011, 10:04 PM
Shhhhhh! STI is suposed to be a Texas secret. I love mine too.:D

Horse'nround
12-19-2011, 12:53 PM
I don’t think we have to sweat it over here guys. I haven’t heard the clank of rattling chains or caught a whiff of the “MIM MONSTER” over here. I’m sure he’s around, he barks and howls a lot but he really doesn’t bite just gums a lot. I use to take a lot of flak for owning an Eclipse Pro II that my wife bought me. It’s a gift I’m keepin it!
So I’ve been toying with the idea of a 3 incher myself, but I don’t want a short gripper. Is this little STI short or by chance might it be full size grip??

Why is it this appears to the closest thing we have to a Zomie icon "Clyde" anyway??

Daedalus
12-19-2011, 12:58 PM
I don't think I have ever seen a full sized grip and 3" slide combination. That doesn't mean it isn't out there, just that it's news to me if there is one.

Pawpaw
12-19-2011, 01:36 PM
I don't think I have ever seen a full sized grip and 3" slide combination. That doesn't mean it isn't out there, just that it's news to me if there is one.

Any Kimber "Ultra+" has a full-size grip and a 3" barrel.

Thedragonslayer
12-19-2011, 01:40 PM

Thats is correct! Ellison told me!!!!

Daedalus
12-19-2011, 01:59 PM

I stand corrected!

Thedragonslayer
12-19-2011, 02:10 PM
Dude thats alright!!! Its all good!:D