PDA

View Full Version : 1st USPSA match

skosh69
09-14-2014, 10:14 PM
So I mentioned last week that I took the orientation class so that I could start shooting IDPA or USPSA comp matches at my local range.

Well today was my first USPSA competition and I'll do my best to give my AAR. That stands for After Action Review for you non military types :p

So here are the pros and cons of my first match.

Pros:

I had fun, I had a lot of fun!

I had zero warnings.

I ddin't get DQ'd. :party: (One guy from my class did on his very first stage...bummer. He grabbed his gun before the RO told him to make ready.)

All my reloads went bang! :rolleyes:

I had fun. :D

I wore my Cotep shirt :cool:

Cons:

My scoring sucked. :(

I let my ego get in the way of common sense and shot way too fast and my accuracy suffered. :( I kept telling myself before each stage to slow down, but that went out the window as soon as the buzzer went off.

Did I mention my scoring sucked? funny

Yes, I am my own worst critic, but I have to be honest. If I were to have walked off the range today saying "man, I did great", while it wouldn't be a lie, it wouldn't be entirely true.

So, I look forward to more practice and another match next month. I vow to slow down and go for accuracy in that match.

Maybe next month, I'll bring a camera and try to have someone take some action shots.

All in all, it was a good day....nobody got hurt and I had a great time.

Thanks for reading

Caleb
09-14-2014, 10:21 PM
Thats awesome bro, congrats! Sounds like a ton of fun.

ronpaul50
09-14-2014, 10:55 PM
That's amazing!

Sheepdog
09-14-2014, 11:57 PM
Way to go Ellison! Good for you.nanner

BadOscar
09-14-2014, 11:58 PM
Nice Ellison, glad you had a good time.

MajO
09-15-2014, 12:23 AM
Ellison,

You had fun. You didn't shoot yourself, or anyone else. Sounds like a great day! Outstanding! :wave::wave::wave:

TLE2
09-15-2014, 11:46 AM
Ellison,

You had fun. You didn't shoot yourself, or anyone else.

That's my definition of a good day!

NAMVET72
09-15-2014, 12:24 PM
Congrats Ellison how many by standers and Range Officers did you kill????????:D:D:D:D

Clyde

brownie
09-15-2014, 01:16 PM
Glad to hear you had a good time. Try not to shoot against others, but shoot against yourself and take the time to make the hits, speed will increase with practice.

ColMike
09-15-2014, 02:24 PM
AAR:

Sustain- "I had fun"

Improve- "My scoring sucked"

AutoMag
09-15-2014, 03:26 PM
Ellison, it sounds like you had a great time!!:)

Sheepdog
09-15-2014, 04:26 PM
I almost forgot!

:pics:

No excuses!

Grizzman
09-15-2014, 04:40 PM
I'm glad you had a good time!!

Pics would be good. Hell, I'll send ya a GoPro to wear once you get comfortable!!

Grizz

Sheepdog
09-15-2014, 07:59 PM
How do you shoot USPSA with only 10 round mags?

Riverpigusmc
09-15-2014, 08:12 PM
I did not know they had a "gay chimpanzee with a gun" class. :confused:

Good job, brudder. Proud of ya

sstpierre
09-16-2014, 06:57 AM
Scores will come with time, glad to see your out there having fun my friend!

-scott

LittleGator
09-16-2014, 12:30 PM
Very cool! Let us know how you do next time aroung.

skosh69
09-16-2014, 06:29 PM
Thanks for all the support my friends.

Pictures? You want pictures??? I seriously doubt they would approve of me holding a camera in one hand and my gun in the other, that would make for an interesting reloading scenario....funny.

Scott, production class and Limited 10 are shot with 10 rd mags. I can't tell you how many STI Edge' I saw with their hi cap mags. Some guys can shoot a whole stage without reloading. I won't even talk about the LimCat's that were out there. Man those are something else!

Grizz, You have an extra Go-Pro you're gonna send me??? hahaha Just kidding, but you did make me think of a local nephew that has one, maybe I'll borrow his!

Grizzman
09-16-2014, 06:53 PM
Ya, I can send you a GoPro.

I've got the ability to basically get one free through work, and would be happy to send to to you so you can show off your skills.

My only requirement is that you post videos here of your shooting (range or competition), not ummmm other activities. :)

skosh69
09-16-2014, 06:55 PM

I've got the ability to basically get one free through work, and would be happy to send to to you so you can show off your skills.

My only requirement is that you post videos here of your shooting (range or competition), not ummmm other activities. :)

You're sh***ing me right????

PM Sent :D

sstpierre
09-16-2014, 07:12 PM

Awesome Grizz! That's one heckuva offer for Ellison, and then we get to enjoy the vids! Win/Win!

PM me your address and a COTEP Challenge Coin is on its way to you!

-scott

skosh69
09-16-2014, 07:41 PM
Awesome Grizz! That's one heckuva offer for Ellison, and then we get to enjoy the vids! Win/Win!

Isn't that just an over the top offer? No worries, I won't video Mayla and myself :D Unless maybe pig pays me first :eek:

Deleted
09-16-2014, 08:31 PM
Well this thread just went down hill fast.

Caleb
09-16-2014, 08:46 PM
Well this thread just went down hill fast.

funny You are not kidding.

Riverpigusmc
09-16-2014, 09:02 PM
Isn't that just an over the top offer? No worries, I won't video Mayla and myself :D Unless maybe pig pays me first :eek:

I'll pay if you cut the "you" part out :p

skosh69
09-17-2014, 12:00 AM
I'll pay if you cut the "you" part out :p

That'd be a big part to edit.......nanner

Deleted
09-17-2014, 09:33 PM
That'd be a big part to edit.......nanner

OKAY Mr. FEMA

milkmanjoe
09-17-2014, 09:43 PM
How do you shoot USPSA with only 10 round mags?

As opposed to square mags? :outta:

Grizzman
11-07-2014, 05:46 PM
When I was opening the GoPro, I realized they don't come with any way to attach them to a person. :(

I've ordered a head strap/baseball cap clip, and will try it out early next week before shipping it off to banana boy. :)

Does anybody else want to record their pistol prowess for the Congregation?