PDA

View Full Version : New family members

Barbie
09-17-2014, 11:36 AM
Well… I have to gloat somewhere... nanner

I got two new members on the family… Double pleasure because they were GIFTS... :D

The little Gerber, given to me by Clyde as spare Karma, is just a feminine touch for any ocassion (sorry for the guys who carry it!!) that can be hidden anywhere… boots, waist, garter.. A last ditch resort I found super light, concealable and sexy. Still dull and needing some serious sharpening but as I’m mailing it out today for new sheath… I left the sharpening for later…or for a good friend to sharpen it when working with it….????? …Hint hint hint… scott3… :D Its sheath is a little too bulky for such a little toothpick.. so it needs a new flatter sheath…

Now the Perrin….. I have to confess I have never wanted a knife SO bad. Fell totally in love with it when holding it last August in Brownie’s class. Even more than the original Perrin. (Thanks to scott3 for the bad influence too…scold) The (real) Perrin is heavier while the Spyderco version is lighter, IMO… perfect match for me. Right weight, right balance, right size, right price... I just LOVE it… If somebody is looking for a nice, serviceable, economic fix blade.. this is it! And I’ve also been raving about it since then, planning when to buy it, when to order the sheath, where to carry it … so.. ranting on the chat box with the pig about it… a dear friend heard my laud and constant ranting and decided to gift me with one perfectly sharp awesome Spyderco Perrin Street Bowie!!! I’m beyond elated!!

And it really disappears when you carry it… I tried it with a tight shirt and you can’t tell is there… (No, pig, I won’t post photos). It is AWESOME. People might complaint about the handle material. Not me. Now... the sheath might be a problem… Personally, carrying cavalier on weak side IWB, it bothers me. I can’t carry on the hip (9 o’clock) due to shape issues.. so I have to move it a little to the front or to the back (8:30- 9:30?). Preferable to the front to have easier access cross draw…So, for a shorty like me, the bottom part, designed pointy, pinches my thigh when bending or sitting, so a rounder/shorter sheath would be better.

As I have two friends who happen to know something about sheaths…;) I’ll be mailing today to Panther Concealment these two for improvement… Well, I’m not mailing the Perrin, as they have plenty available, but the one I recently got from Arley that need a good plastic dress too…. And while at it… as I know scott3 is soooo bored without anything to do…and wouldn’t mind helping a damsel in distress :D … could you pretty please put a scary edge on the double guarded knife and the Gerber???

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/09/17/999729879eb0ad40cc3446d778f6f0aa.jpg

I’m happy!! Just hope my gift-giving friends like the surprise gifts I’m sending back to them…. And you can make all the comments you want about gift giving men etc. I’ve heard them all.

Just keep in mind that the best gift you can give a woman is something lethal…sharp if possible… that way she knows you trust her with your… er…wellbeing.

PS: I know I take horrible photos... but they are just mementos...family memories... If you want good professional photos... just check vendors websites!!!

Caleb
09-17-2014, 11:52 AM
Thats awesome! Congrats on two great blades. One day, I too will have a spyderco Perrin.

sdmc530
09-17-2014, 12:13 PM
I like spyderco stuff....very cool...

Night Owl
09-17-2014, 01:10 PM
Congrats on the Great gifts!

AutoMag
09-17-2014, 01:29 PM
Very nice Barbie!!!:)

edgehill
09-17-2014, 01:33 PM
Looks great.

Riverpigusmc
09-17-2014, 02:18 PM
I have the same Gerber with a stainless blade. Sheath with velcro to wrap around my left wrist. I want the tight top pics :D

aqualungs
09-17-2014, 04:42 PM
I have a Spyderco Delica that is always in my pocket. Love VG-10 steel, I may have to get a Spyderco Perrin! hmm...

Caleb
09-17-2014, 05:02 PM
These kinda threads are not good for tbe wallet. :(

ronpaul50
09-17-2014, 06:02 PM
Not good for the wallet! Nice pair Barbie

ColMike
09-17-2014, 06:12 PM
Congrats, it's great to have generous friends

Barbie
09-17-2014, 09:04 PM
These kinda threads are not good for tbe wallet. :(
And just for your benefit... I will post pics of the sheath too when ready... :D A man have to have goals...

Barbie
09-17-2014, 09:10 PM
Congrats, it's great to have generous friends

Yes, it is!!!

Riverpigusmc
09-17-2014, 09:11 PM
Not good for the wallet! Nice pair Barbie

That's why I want the tight top pics :p

Sheepdog
09-17-2014, 10:19 PM
Sweet!