PDA

View Full Version : Custom Valor 10mm, WOW!

Gaff
09-25-2014, 08:06 PM
Just unwrapped it, and cleaned off the factory oil. I ordered this in late April, and it was finished last Friday. Then, off to Kansas City (CZ), and then to my FFL today. Worth the wait, I think. Will run the first 10mm rounds down the pipe next week while on a bird hunting trip to Maine. (Not at the partridge, at targets)

There was a bit of a wait for the 10mm slides to arrive, Keith and the rest of the Dan Wesson folks did a great job getting this done for my trip. A big thank-you to them, and a wonderful addition to my M1911 collection. Col. Cooper would approve, I imagine. I know I approve.

Sorry about the attachment quality, and the status of the safety, you get the idea. Fit and finish are wonderful. Ivory grips go on it tomorrow.

BlackKnight
09-25-2014, 08:16 PM
I'm sorry to tell, but no good. I see some serious issues that may come up during a test fire stage. Tell you what, to make sure everything is on the up and up, send it to me for testing and evaluation. No need to thank me. That's what we Cotepers do for each other.

Do you guys think he'll fall for it?:D

pony up
09-25-2014, 08:35 PM
Lovely piece and a formidable Partridge slayer. :D I felt over armed as a kid shooting them with my Iver Johnson .22 revolver right here in Maine. With the 22 they would sit there head bobbing and laugh at me if I missed. When the 10MM cannon goes off birdy heart attacks! No bird shot in the breasts. Winner. Seriously, Gaff, I hope you have a great time, a successful hunting trip and enjoy your Valor for years to come. I am going to still be here next week so the goofy old fart snooping around the beech nut groves may be me. I, too could be a heart attack casualty should your cannon go off in my vicinity. Pony

skosh69
09-25-2014, 09:07 PM
I'm sorry to tell, but no good. I see some serious issues that may come up during a test fire stage. Tell you what, to make sure everything is on the up and up, send it to me for testing and evaluation. No need to thank me. That's what we Cotepers do for each other.

Do you guys think he'll fall for it?:D

If you don't trust him...send it to me and I'll run the break in for you :D

Congrats!

Sheepdog
09-25-2014, 09:15 PM
Congratulations!!!! I have 5 DW 10mm's I'm sure I could do a much better job of checking it out for you.:D

Gaff
09-25-2014, 09:19 PM
I appreciate the test run offers, but I've had these 500 rounds of 10mm hardball just waiting to fling themselves out of the Valor at 1050 FPS, and they would be SO disappointed.

Seriously, thanks for the well wishes. The North Maine Woods is a big place, I don't think too many folks will be disturbed by the Valor.

Have a great weekend!

Grizzman
09-25-2014, 09:49 PM
Nice!!

What was done to it besides the alternate chambering, and other more obvious mods?

RKP
09-25-2014, 10:32 PM
VERY nice ... congrats ! :D

ronpaul50
09-26-2014, 02:28 AM
Nice weapon.

sdmc530
09-26-2014, 08:40 AM
OUTSTANDING..the 10MM is great...nice one!

Gaff
09-26-2014, 10:02 AM
Nice!!

What was done to it besides the alternate chambering, and other more obvious mods?

Having a Valor in 10MM was the main reason for this custom order. I have two other Valors (Both V-Bobs), and I am acutely aware of the quality that can be had from Dan Wesson for my capitol outlay.

So, 10MM bore, relieved slide stop pin, and enhanced magwell. The trigger came through at a crisp and exact four pounds (I did not ask for anything special with the trigger group). The Clark ribbing is standard on a 10MM slide. So, for the most part it is a standard Valor (Duty-Treatment). My choice of VZ Grips included. By the way, the barrel ramp is mirror polished.

Tomorrow, I leave for the North Maine Woods (4.5 million acres of trees and wildlife). Wednesday is opening day for birds, so Monday and Tuesday will be range days in the sand pit. Eight hunters, lots of ordinance including our 20's and 28 gauge shotguns. I just finished an .880 bore Black Powder cannon to "announce" dinner (picture attached). I feel it should be able to propel the .875 steel balls or empty CO2 canisters a good bit out into the lake.

If any readers think the 10MM Valor will be loud, I guarantee you, when the "88" goes off, bystanders will wish they were wearing their brown boxers.

Now, off to pack the avalanche.

RKP
09-26-2014, 10:38 AM
DANG, that .880 bore Black Powder dinner "announcement" cannon is trick looking :cool: for sure !! and I'm sure, when you touch that 'bad boy' off, your comment of: "bystanders will wish they were wearing their brown boxers" :toilet: will hold true !!
Good luck, enjoy your trip and be safe! .... post some pics when you return.

Grizzman
09-26-2014, 11:45 AM
I didn't realize the Clark rib was a standard feature.

Very cool pistol for sure.

Caleb
09-26-2014, 01:01 PM
OUTSTANDING..the 10MM is great...nice one!

Yep...... Congrats on such a nice pistol, enjoy.