PDA

View Full Version : These are very graphic pics

Thedragonslayer
12-10-2011, 07:02 PM
Well very graphic to some... please be advised they do make a point.

Thought ya'll could fight over this for a while!:D

http://www.timawa.net/forum/index.php?topic=17111.0

NAMVET72
12-10-2011, 07:10 PM
Hey Noel, some of us COTEP Members who served in NAM could have told you all about the 5.56 mm round, and the Damage it can cause....................

Clyde

Thedragonslayer
12-10-2011, 07:11 PM
Well, as for me, I really dont worry about the size of the round. Anything well placed for the circumstances will do the job. I've seen people dead from 44 magnums and Ive seen people dead from .22's.

Blue Ridge
12-10-2011, 09:10 PM
I'll know to just nod and smile politely the next time some "expert" tells me that anything smaller than (30/06,.308, etc.) is an inadequate rifle caliber for self-defense. Actually, I already did that but I had NO idea the exit hole was going to look anything like that!

BadOscar
12-10-2011, 09:37 PM
I read some of the thread over there, some of it was very interesting.

Riverpigusmc
12-10-2011, 09:49 PM
Well, as for me, I really dont worry about the size of the round. Anything well placed for the circumstances will do the job. I've seen people dead from 44 magnums and Ive seen people dead from .22's.

yeah, but bigger holes let the bad out faster:D Actually, a military 5.56 FMJ tends to "tumble" once entering the human body..it can bounce around like a ball in a piball machine, causing damage to multiple organs. However, compared to the 7.62 we used in the M40, terminal ballsitics at anything over 500 yards weren't even close. In other words, ya could hit 'em, but probably wont drop 'em. But, out here in civilian life, if you shoot anyone over 20 feet away, you're in the hurt locker, anyway. Dont mind me, I'm just rambling

Snipersnest
12-11-2011, 08:12 AM
Yeah, what RiverPig said!

Sheepdog
12-11-2011, 11:16 PM
Bigger bullets make bigger holes, bigger holes let more blood out and more air in. In a self defense situation, I want to stop the threat now, by putting big holes in it and breaking it down as fast as I can. Not hoping that some little bullet is going to bounce around and hitting something vital.IMHO

Thedragonslayer
12-12-2011, 09:34 AM
yeah, but bigger holes let the bad out faster:D Actually, a military 5.56 FMJ tends to "tumble" once entering the human body..it can bounce around like a ball in a piball machine, causing damage to multiple organs. However, compared to the 7.62 we used in the M40, terminal ballsitics at anything over 500 yards weren't even close. In other words, ya could hit 'em, but probably wont drop 'em. But, out here in civilian life, if you shoot anyone over 20 feet away, you're in the hurt locker, anyway. Dont mind me, I'm just rambling

+1 hehehehe!!! I do believe in the bigger is better rule too. It is very interesting reading from the doctors point of view.

The other thing to remember is that bigger usually is more expensive to shoot. And for me, thats no fun!:D

skosh69
12-12-2011, 04:46 PM
Filipinos, alcohol and guns....three things that just don't mix well together!!!!

Thanks for posting the link to the pics.....yeah, I'm a sick puppy!!!!

jmlutz
12-12-2011, 05:36 PM
Ellison, you crack me up just about everytime you post, I'm sure glad you're part of this group:) Mike

Riverpigusmc
12-12-2011, 09:59 PM
Filipinos, alcohol and guns....three things that just don't mix well together!!!!

Thanks for posting the link to the pics.....yeah, I'm a sick puppy!!!!

dunno about the guns, but I used to mix quite well with FilipinAs and alcohol :D:D

m60g
12-13-2011, 10:26 PM
I never would have guessed a .223 FMJ would cause that kind of wound

skosh69
12-14-2011, 02:46 PM
dunno about the guns, but I used to mix quite well with FilipinAs and alcohol :D:D

"Come here G.I., me love you long time...":eek:

Snipersnest
12-14-2011, 03:49 PM
You buy me Dub soap? Buy me Salim cigarette?

Horse'nround
12-15-2011, 12:39 PM
Damn... You can tell when you've stepped into the Subic crowd! YO, peso divers in S**t river! :eek:
Warm SanMagoo and Beef on a stick?? Really BEEF:bs:

You got $20 we do whole weekend!!

Personally-
5.56... 7.62...50BMG... 20mm I would not want to be on the pointy end of any of'em.

skosh69
12-15-2011, 08:59 PM
Damn... You can tell when you've stepped into the Subic crowd! YO, peso divers in S**t river! :eek:
Warm SanMagoo and Beef on a stick?? Really BEEF:bs:

You got $20 we do whole weekend!!

Personally-
5.56... 7.62...50BMG... 20mm I would not want to be on the pointy end of any of'em.

Well, having just been in the northern Luzon area a little more than a month ago, I didn't have any San Miguel, but I did have something that resembled "beef" on a stick. The key is to not ask what it is and to make sure you have some kind of sauce to dip it in....hehehehe.

Riverpigusmc
12-25-2011, 09:28 PM
Well, having just been in the northern Luzon area a little more than a month ago, I didn't have any San Miguel, but I did have something that resembled "beef" on a stick. The key is to not ask what it is and to make sure you have some kind of sauce to dip it in....hehehehe.

Here's a hint..check to see if the organ grinder is missing his monkey:D