PDA

View Full Version : Couple hours to kill this morning

Shark1007
11-05-2014, 03:52 PM
Went to the range to do some evaluation and testing. My New Agent is back from the mother ship and rounds were catching against the underside of the hood. They still do, it likes Ranger T for some reason (no jams) and did the same catching under the hood on Gold Dot and HST. Ranger T no issues and the little guy is pretty accurate at 10 yards with the laser only.

Dan Wesson CCO. Very nice shooter as expected, accurate and reliable. I had one failure to lock back on a Wilson mag, no other issues. It fed everything well.

The surprise was the Springfield Range Officer Compact. The trigger on the DW was better, borderline too light. The sights are much faster acquisition than the DW night sights and the Springfield did just as well as the DW in my opinion. I really liked the fiber optic front sight on the Springer and I had no issues whatsoever.

I was limited on time with the cervical fusion issues, but for a quick trip I discerned the Springfield is worth the money, it's light, reliable and reminiscent of the Bill Wilson Carry to me. If it just had a little strap stippling it would be a heck of a carry piece.

The Colt, another story. I have sent this New Agent back too many times. I'm hoping to test with Ranger T a bit more to possibly carry, the others don't work and I'm a little untrusting at this point.

For completeness, I should add that I fired a Sig P220 compact SAS model, DA/SA and was darned impressed even if it's not a 1911!

TLE2
11-05-2014, 04:17 PM
Ok, you said time to kill. I expected dead animals.

DrHenley
11-05-2014, 05:48 PM
My Colt Series 80 got bored with the same old jams all the time (nosedive jams, three point jams, stem bind jams, double feed jams, stovepipe jams) and decided to invent a bunch of new types of jams that don't even have names. :eek:

http://www.cotep.org/forum/picture.php?albumid=22&pictureid=888

Shark1007
11-05-2014, 06:22 PM
Well, after looking at the Colt at least I have a pic and something to tell the factory. Looks like it can be salvaged. It's a pity that with ammo costs you can spend almost the cost of the pistol on ammo in getting it right.

Upon cleaning all, I can say with all due alacrity that there seems to be a metallurgy difference between the DW and the Springfield. The wear patterns on a 1000++ round DW and on the new Springfield tell me it's better steel on the DW for sure. It didn't change performance one bit, but I saw wear I didn't expect.

The Sig has 500 rounds under the belt and looks like it's off the shelf.

Caleb
11-05-2014, 06:22 PM
Sucks about the Colt, glad the others ran flawless.

Riverpigusmc
11-05-2014, 07:04 PM
My Kimber did the same thing on catching on the barrel hood. Turns out the barrel lug link was a few thousandths too long, changed that and it all went away