PDA

View Full Version : Review Of Remington Arms Co

SemperFi1977m
12-13-2011, 06:32 PM
As you all know, I picked up a like-new, but used 870 Tactical last week:D

It has a really nice looking and feeling textured, matte black powdercoat finish. I was pleased to see it was powdercoat, because from what Ive seen of it in automotive applications, powdercoat is tough stuff!

Well, I got it home, tore it down, and did my usual clean, lubrication, and inspection I do on any new-to-me firearm. This is when I noticed what looked like small spots of the finish lifting on the reciever. Two of the spots flaked off as I wiped down the shotgun with an oily rag.

So I emailed the seller to confirm the shotgun was bought this June and had never been registerd with Remington for a warranty. I registered the warranty online, sent an email the next day about the finish issue....and found an email responce this morning asking for me to call. I called them, and without me saying a word, they told me, "it's not acceptible the finish has lifted. Im sending you a shipping label and we will make the shotgun right". It was as easy as that.

Just wanted to share what a great, hassle-free experience it was to deal with Remington. They havent seen a picture; they just said we will pay to ship her here to fix it. I didnt have to ask them to do a thing; they took the initiative.

I will update this when it is all said and done.

douglas_knott
12-13-2011, 06:50 PM
Very cool Lonnie. That's great customer service

Grizzman
12-13-2011, 07:38 PM
That is very good news, and exactly how all firearms companies should act.

Too bad it's the exception instead of the rule.

Way to go big green.

Grizz

AutoMag
12-13-2011, 08:54 PM
Good deal Lonnie!!:)

Sounds almost as good as the Customer Service for RIA!!!!:D

Riverpigusmc
12-13-2011, 09:17 PM
You sure Wilson didn't build it? That sounds more like their customer service than a mainstream manufacturer. Good deal.

Thedragonslayer
12-13-2011, 11:16 PM
You sure Wilson didn't build it? That sounds more like their customer service than a mainstream manufacturer. Good deal.

Oh Please!!!!:facepalm:

dennisc
12-14-2011, 02:01 PM
Great to see established American companies stand behind their products.:flagwave:
Dennis

zenfly
12-15-2011, 07:06 AM
I had a problem with my 870P and Remington took care of it in only a few days..

skosh69
12-15-2011, 03:23 PM
Thats awesome Lonnie! We all know that Kimber would never do that.....hehehehe:p

Riverpigusmc
12-23-2011, 07:53 PM
Oh Please!!!!:facepalm:

:D:D:D
Hey, Noel, it's the 23rd now:jacked:

SemperFi1977m
03-09-2012, 03:34 PM
update: I called Remington a week ago and they confirmed that my shotgun has already been refinished, but it's been laying on a bench awaiting reassembly and test-fire for several weeks now (as of today).

Im almost tempted to tell them to ship it home and I can have it assembled in about 2 minutes haha. They got the hard part done, then just let it sit there waiting on the easy part:rolleyes: