PDA

View Full Version : Question for the experts ....

RKP
12-01-2014, 07:39 PM
DW CCO:

First time out with the new CCO and I put 200 rounds through it, it ate everything I put through it with no complaints. Everything went perfect, this thing never stumbled once. It shot like a dream and what a trigger - wow!! I ran it very wet for break in, it was oozing with oil. I'm thoroughly impressed with everything about it so far !!

Once I got it home and started my cleaning I noticed some (4-5) brass kisses in front of the ejection port, no chips in the duty treatment and they cleaned right off. For the most part it was consistently ejecting the spent casings behind me (approx. 5:00) about 4', they were pretty much all in one spot too.

My question being:
What is up with the brass kisses 'in front' of the ejection port? How / why is it happening, it just struck me as odd :confused:.

Riverpigusmc
12-01-2014, 08:05 PM
Maybe Yoda will chime in when he feels better. My Wilson did that a few times, too. Could be timing, mag spring...I dunno. As long as the brass is ejecting correctly and consistantly and landing in the same spot, I'd look at the recoil spring maybe

Sheepdog
12-01-2014, 09:15 PM
I'm no expert. I would say that your extractor is to tight and hanging on to the case to long. when the slide closes it is bouncing the case off the area in front of the ejection port throwing it backwards. Duty treatment will not chip, it is in the metal. Duty Coat will chip.

dw1911
12-01-2014, 09:26 PM
I'm no expert. I would say that your extractor is to tight and hanging on to the case to long. when the slide closes it is bouncing the case off the area in front of the ejection port throwing it backwards. Duty treatment will not chip, it is in the metal. Duty Coat will chip.

This /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ It will likely go away after break in. I have seen it 1st hand. Some ammo will do it and others won't due to different loads & cases.
Personally, I would shoot the heck out of it and see what happens.

Sheepdog
12-01-2014, 09:45 PM
Check this out.

http://www.cotep.org/forum/showthread.php?t=566

RKP
12-02-2014, 07:54 AM
Thanks for the feedback fella's !
After reading the posts and thinking about this some more -- the CCO is new and 't-i-g-h-t' :eek:, and, other than the few kisses it's been flawless, I'm going to continue on with my break-in regiment and see how this plays out for now.

BTW, that is one great write-up by Dave, thanks for posting it !! :)