COTEP.org

COTEP.org (https://www.cotep.org/forum/index.php)
-   News and Politics (https://www.cotep.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Syrian Refugees (https://www.cotep.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12114)

dw1911 11-22-2015 09:57 PM

Syrian Refugees

http://comicincorrect.wpengine.netdn...jan-600-CI.jpg

Sheepdog 11-22-2015 10:02 PM

funnyThats dead on.

TLE2 11-22-2015 10:05 PM

It says "Give us your tired, your poor yearning to be free" on the statue. It doesn't include, IMHO, persons who want to overthrow our government, hurt or kill our people, or live like your still in the old country.

Come to America, join in to make it great. Otherwise, stay where you are!!

Lonestar grips. 11-22-2015 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLE2 (Post 122503)
It says "Give us your tired, your poor yearning to be free" on the statue. It doesn't include, IMHO, persons who want to overthrow our government, hurt or kill our people, or live like your still in the old country.

this^^^^^^^

RKP 11-22-2015 10:13 PM

Quote:

VERY well said !!

skosh69 11-22-2015 10:22 PM

That cartoon is dead on!!!

I'm curious as to why none of the middle eastern countries are accepting the Syrian refugees? I mean, isn't Saudi Arabia, Iran, Irag, etc, etc much closer to them than Europe and America?

Oh that's right, they can't cause any harm in those countries, only in Europe and here. WTF was I thinking? :facepalm2:

OHEng 11-23-2015 07:44 AM

Quote:

I'm curious as to why none of the middle eastern countries are accepting the Syrian refugees? I mean, isn't Saudi Arabia, Iran, Irag, etc, etc much closer to them than Europe and America?
Some of the refugees are Christian and aren't exactly welcome in those other countries. Some are from different schools of Muslim faith (Sunni vs. Shiite for example) and are equally unwelcome.

7.62Kolectr 11-23-2015 09:45 AM

Buries head in close minded nonsense.....
To preface, I think this country has enough problems and we do not need to take refugees from any country. I do agree the other gulf states should step up and take more in. But let's not forget there are already camps in Lebanon and Jordan as well as Egypt with hundreds of thousands of refugees there.

Having said that the current process for a Syrian refugee to legally come here as they want takes over two years. You honestly think an Isis agent would go thru a two year long process just so they could come here and do something bad?
7 out of 8 of the Paris attackers had valid passports from European countries. And it has not been proven that the 8th got there illegally with refugees.
I don't doubt Isis desires to do us harm. But they have better easier ways of a accomplishing this without using refugees who waited years to come here.

This is the same panic fear which wound up doing away with a historical symbol called the Battle Flag of No Virginia. Just knee jerk you're now safe reaction. It's laughable.

skosh69 11-23-2015 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OHEng (Post 122517)
Some of the refugees are Christian and aren't exactly welcome in those other countries. Some are from different schools of Muslim faith (Sunni vs. Shiite for example) and are equally unwelcome.

Roger that, I somehow managed to forget that part. Thank you.

flphotog 11-23-2015 10:46 AM

Quote:

That pretty much describes a large percentage of immigrants these days. People used to come here to build a better life and integrate into the society, that's been changing for a long time. Just look at the number of immigrants today who don't even bother learning the language, they do however expect all of the free benefits they can get.
So much for "building" a better life.