COTEP.org

COTEP.org (https://www.cotep.org/forum/index.php)
-   Main Forum (https://www.cotep.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Hi gang, such a long time, hoping everyone's ok, new EDC! (https://www.cotep.org/forum/showthread.php?t=16803)

pitor 02-09-2023 07:53 PM

Hi gang, such a long time, hoping everyone's ok, new EDC!

Hi all,

It's been eons since the last time I checked in. I hope everyone's doing well, and that the "thing that shall not be mentioned" didn't disrupt too much of your lives. Hi Caleb, Mike (pig), Scott & Jim, Brownie (if he still checks in,) Monkey Lord Eli (with whom I stay in touch), and the whole gang. Sorry if I forget some names, like I said, it's been eons.

I've been on a musical journey, writing songs, playing in bands, etc, but now I'm on a break from all that as well. And the world's gone bat-shit crazy and I felt I needed a capable, easy to carry, good capacity EDC.

I traded in a Sig P320 compact (plus holsters and extra mag), and a S&W Bodyguard 380 MP with holsters, plus a little cash, for a new Glock 43x (I know, bring it on, LOL). After doing my homework it felt like it was the right choice. I hate the look of Glocks, I'm with ya there, but gosh are they reliable or what? I also bought the S15 mag by Shield Arms, 15 rounds in the same footprint as their 10 rd OEM mags, boom!

I feel I made the right choice, and after 200 rds straight out of the box, plus 20 SD rounds, it's been put into carry duty.

So, how'a everyone, and whaddaya carry these days?

Pitor (aka Pedro).

FfNJGTFO 02-09-2023 09:05 PM

Hey, Welcome back!

pitor 02-09-2023 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FfNJGTFO (Post 175972)
Hey, Welcome back!

Thank you, please remind me of your name. I remember you fondly, thank you for the welcome!

DaFadda 02-09-2023 10:18 PM

Hi Mr. Pedro sir...
Im still DaFadda Michael. My EDC is a Dan Wesson 1911 in 38 Super, sometimes my wife's DW 1911 in 9mm....but when I really need to hide something, I've started carrying my Sig 365.

On another note (music pun intended)... Miss Grace took me to Guitar Central just before Christmas and told me "go ahead, pick out your new sound system". The cavaet was that I need to sell off the three systems I have in storage. First to go were the 800 watt alto powered speakers, next in the food chain is a 1500 watt rack mounted amplifier and a couple of Peavey 12" passives. I think I"m going to keep my Kustom Profile II as a backup PA. So what did I get? A new Bose Pro 16 !!! plug my yamaha mixer in and the sound is incredible!!!
Michael

pitor 02-09-2023 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFadda (Post 175974)
Hi Mr. Pedro sir...
Im still DaFadda Michael. My EDC is a Dan Wesson 1911 in 38 Super, sometimes my wife's DW 1911 in 9mm....but when I really need to hide something, I've started carrying my Sig 365.

On another note (music pun intended)... Miss Grace took me to Guitar Central just before Christmas and told me "go ahead, pick out your new sound system". The cavaet was that I need to sell off the three systems I have in storage. First to go were the 800 watt alto powered speakers, next in the food chain is a 1500 watt rack mounted amplifier and a couple of Peavey 12" passives. I think I"m going to keep my Kustom Profile II as a backup PA. So what did I get? A new Bose Pro 16 !!! plug my yamaha mixer in and the sound is incredible!!!
Michael

Michael Moran, Da Fadda, Da Michael, so good to hear from you Sir. And yes, the Bose Pro 16 rawks, a good choice there, but sad to see the Peavey's go, I'm a fan of Peavey and my main amps are Classic 20Mh and Classic 30 special edition USA.

I can see you're still a fan of 38 super, great round!!

DrHenley 02-09-2023 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pitor (Post 175971)
Hi all,

https://i.imgur.com/KMszm2F.gif

pitor 02-10-2023 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrHenley (Post 175977)

Hi DrHenley!

FfNJGTFO 02-10-2023 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pitor (Post 175973)
Thank you, please remind me of your name. I remember you fondly, thank you for the welcome!

Arnold.

pitor 02-10-2023 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FfNJGTFO (Post 175979)
Arnold.

Hi Arnold :toast::toast:

sdmc530 02-10-2023 12:11 PM

This thread feels like a self help group funny

Whats up brother?!!!