COTEP.org

COTEP.org (https://www.cotep.org/forum/index.php)
-   News and Politics (https://www.cotep.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Gander Outdoors! (https://www.cotep.org/forum/showthread.php?t=16630)

dw1911 12-13-2020 05:13 PM

Gander Outdoors!

Gander Outdoors, ( Roanoke, VA) Lost ALL My Business Forever. Tried going in there to Buy a Firearm today and was Told No Mask No Entry. I Explained I can't wear one for Medical Reasons, and was told, sorry, we don't allow anyone in without a Mask! Their Corporate #866-232-8990
Flood their Phone Lines with Complaints! I already did!

https://i.imgur.com/GVsR3vPl.jpg

FfNJGTFO 12-13-2020 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dw1911 (Post 173429)
Gander Outdoors, ( Roanoke, VA) Lost ALL My Business Forever. Tried going in there to Buy a Firearm today and was Told No Mask No Entry. I Explained I can't wear one for Medical Reasons, and was told, sorry, we don't allow anyone in without a Mask! Their Corporate #866-232-8990
Flood their Phone Lines with Complaints! I already did!

https://i.imgur.com/GVsR3vPl.jpg

TBH, I'm amazed you haven't received that same response from a bunch of other retailers. While the FL govt. does not require the wearing of a mask in public, the private businesses/retailers, etc. do require them when you enter their facilities or when you use transportation systems (i.e. Uber/Lyft, etc.) to get to them. Does your grocery store not require it? I use Wally World and they definitely require one. My hair salon is open but they also require one, at least when you are in the waiting area (when you're actually in a chair, they don't, but the stylist does wear one).

Or do you get your groceries delivered?

dw1911 12-13-2020 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FfNJGTFO (Post 173430)
TBH, I'm amazed you haven't received that same response from a bunch of other retailers. While the FL govt. does not require the wearing of a mask in public, the private businesses/retailers, etc. do require them when you enter their facilities or when you use transportation systems (i.e. Uber/Lyft, etc.) to get to them. Does your grocery store not require it? I use Wally World and they definitely require one. My hair salon is open but they also require one, at least when you are in the waiting area (when you're actually in a chair, they don't, but the stylist does wear one).

Or do you get your groceries delivered?

No, Wal Mart does not enforce it, neither do any of the other retail stores

dw1911 12-14-2020 01:28 AM

All evidence indicate masks do not protect against catching COVID or spreading it.
I have Not been wearing one since this began, I go everywhere, I am over 60 and smoke.
I am Healthy and have not caught anything. I do take Vitamin D3, Vitamin A, and Zinc Supplements Daily
I have several Friends that are RN's at the Hospital, They DO Wear Masks, Gloves, etc. They DID Catch COVID, They got over it, but caught it.
They do Not take the supplements I mentioned. These Friends are Younger than Me as well.
Opinions? Comments?
Furthermore, I Refuse to be a Slave to a Tyrannical Governor or Government Agency
God is My Protection, My Faith is my Mask

FfNJGTFO 12-14-2020 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dw1911 (Post 173431)
No, Wal Mart does not enforce it, neither do any of the other retail stores

Apparently, the Wal-Mart people at my store haven't got the memo, yet. I saw a person being forbidden entry for not wearing one. And Uber/Lyft still require one when in a driver's vehicle. My hair salon also still requires one in the client waiting area.

:confused:

sdmc530 12-14-2020 08:48 AM

We only have a dumb city mandate that is not enforceable by law. Our Gov. will not do any mandate of any type. Its about 50/50 around town actually. Most stores have given up on enforcing the masks.

I love SD

sdmc530 12-14-2020 08:51 AM

We only have a dumb city mandate that is not enforceable by law. Our Gov. will not do any mandate of any type. Its about 50/50 around town actually. Most stores have given up on enforcing the masks.

I love SD

BlackKnight 12-14-2020 12:04 PM

We occasionally have someone come in at the range and tell us that. We sympathize, but we can’t let them in.
We’re a small business in a state that is not gun friendly. All they need is an excuse to shut us down.
We explain this people, but they get upset anyway.
You’re dammed if you do and damned if you don’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boatdoc 12-14-2020 12:37 PM

tell anyone who challenges you that they are violating the americans with disabilities acts. if reported it will cost the offenders $75,000

dw1911 12-14-2020 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boatdoc (Post 173440)
tell anyone who challenges you that they are violating the americans with disabilities acts. if reports it will cost the offenders $75,000

Do you have a link or legal code for that? If so, please share