COTEP.org

COTEP.org (https://www.cotep.org/forum/index.php)
-   News and Politics (https://www.cotep.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   CC story (https://www.cotep.org/forum/showthread.php?t=7915)

ColMike 04-18-2014 07:36 PM

CC story

so it's raining cats and dogs here and has been since about midnite. Got 3 inches of standing water over 90% of my yard. I mean we ought to be celebrating parting of the red sea rather than easter this weekend but.... so I can't fish, hunt or shoot. I decide to take the bicycles to Columbus for tuneup and minor repairs....While in the shop, we(SGM) decide I need new sports coats to wear specially cause of the Golden Eagle Dinner on thursday. I say ok and we head off to Mens warehouse. Of course I'm carrying IWB with a kahr pm9. GA lis not open carry as far as I know. so we are looking at jackets and I was asked to take off my vest to fit the Jacket...and I said, just a minute .. sales rep asks what's the matter and I said I have a weapon.. Guy says 'No problem, we have them in here all day" So I proceeded to try on jackets, pick shirts and ties all while carrying openly in a retial store in GA

Xbonz 04-18-2014 07:41 PM

Quote:

I mean we ought to be celebrating parting of the red sea rather than easter this weekend but.
Being that this is Passover some of us are... :D

Quote:

Guy says 'No problem, we have them in here all day" So I proceeded to try on jackets, pick shirts and ties all while carrying openly in a retial store in GA
Gotta love livin' in the South..nanner

ColMike 04-18-2014 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xbonz (Post 74726)
Being that this is Passover some of us are... :D

Gotta love livin' in the South..nanner

while I knew the events were sequential and connected, I did not realize the celebration of Pesach encompassed all 10 plagues as well as the subsequent events. My apologies for being so short sighted.

Xbonz 04-18-2014 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColMike (Post 74729)
while I knew the events were sequential and connected, I did not realize the celebration of Pesach encompassed all 10 plagues as well as the subsequent events. My apologies for being so short sighted.

No reason to apologize. I was just having some fun. The holiday celebrates the Exodus from Egypt. Part of Passover has to do with the plagues, the Angel of Death passing over the houses of the Hebrews being the reason for the name of the holiday. Pharoah's army was destroyed by the Red Sea returning to its natural state, and we have been stuck eating Matzoh for 5000+ years because they didn't have time for the bread to rise when being pursued by the army..

Riverpigusmc 04-18-2014 07:58 PM

Howard, you're JEWISH???? :eek:

Love ya, man. Ya done good, Colonel

Xbonz 04-18-2014 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riverpigusmc (Post 74734)
Howard, you're JEWISH???? :eek:

Love ya, man. Ya done good, Colonel

Only on my parent's sides..:D

Sorry for the hijack Colonel..:o

DrHenley 04-18-2014 09:03 PM

Col Mike, you can carry openly in Georgia if you have a concealed carry permit. With the number of military and retired military here in Columbus, the citizens are pretty much armed to the teeth. Even the Libs here are armed. The only businesses I know of that have signs stating no firearms are TGI Friday's and Carmike Theaters.

Jewish celebration of Passover and Good Friday should coincide roughly. The Last Supper was either a Passover Seder or occurred during preparations for Passover.

The First Council of Nicaea (325) established the date of Easter as the first Sunday after the full moon following the March equinox. Passover begins on the 15th of the Hebrew month of Nisan.

edgehill 04-18-2014 09:13 PM

Georgia is definitely open carry with a permit.

ronpaul50 04-18-2014 09:23 PM

Good for you.

Lane 04-18-2014 11:28 PM

I get spoiled here. I choose to conceal most of the time, but open carry is perfectly legal. If my shirt or jacket ride up, no worries. When I was in Arkansas (very strict no OC laws) - I had my shirt come up in a Walmart. The lady behind me seems a bit distraught... :)

Lane