COTEP.org

COTEP.org (https://www.cotep.org/forum/index.php)
-   Dan Wesson (https://www.cotep.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   V-Bob live round ejection issue/question (https://www.cotep.org/forum/showthread.php?t=16771)

HeavyLead 08-15-2022 01:24 PM

V-Bob live round ejection issue/question

So I've got one of the new model V-Bobs in all stainless. I'm currently running Wilson 47D magazines that i've had for years. My normal carry load is SIG V-Crown 200gr JHPs. I believe it's actually a Sierra bullet. Anyhow, the gun runs great and cycles anything I've put in it so far, but when unloading one of the V-Crowns the bullet nose seems to hang up and not clear the front of the ejection port as i pull the slide to the rear. I feel it stop/hesitate at the end of the rearward travel and react by stopping my rearward pull, ease off forward just a bit and then pull rearward again, ejecting the round cleanly. Everything in the gun looks just fine in a visual inspection. Anyone else had this issue or could maybe shed some light on this?

For background on the gun, it's new this year and has had almost exactly 250 rounds through it of mixed stuff. Ball, HPs of various manufacture, etc. You know, that fruit salad of box remnants you have laying around. That.
Also, i keep it meticulously clean, and lubed with Break Free CLP.

Cheers

DrHenley 08-20-2022 04:26 PM

That happens to me with an extended ejector, which makes normal ejection with empties more reliable by starting the ejection earlier in the cycle. But the trade off is that it can eject a live round before the front of the bullet can clear on some ammo.

It doesn't worry me because I accept the trade off.

sdmc530 08-20-2022 05:02 PM

Jim is spot on.....its a good trade off for the performance. My STI does this as well with some longer rounds.

You could have a smith modify it but I sure wouldn't.

Caleb 08-21-2022 03:46 PM

So, does it have this issue when firing or only manually unloading it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DrHenley 08-21-2022 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caleb (Post 175665)
So, does it have this issue when firing or only manually unloading it?

If this happens when firing something is terribly amiss!

"the bullet nose seems to hang up and not clear the front of the ejection port as i pull the slide to the rear"

Caleb 08-22-2022 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrHenley (Post 175673)

"the bullet nose seems to hang up and not clear the front of the ejection port as i pull the slide to the rear"

My point. If it works fine during live fire, I would let it be. Maybe he is not pulling the slide quick/hard enough for the nose to clear????

spyke-52 08-30-2022 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caleb (Post 175677)
My point. If it works fine during live fire, I would let it be. Maybe he is not pulling the slide quick/hard enough for the nose to clear????

Yup. This has been my experience with a Metro. Try racking the slide harder/faster

Rick McC. 09-04-2022 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrHenley (Post 175661)
That happens to me with an extended ejector, which makes normal ejection with empties more reliable by starting the ejection earlier in the cycle. But the trade off is that it can eject a live round before the front of the bullet can clear on some ammo.

It doesn't worry me because I accept the trade off.

I believe that an extended ejector is the culprit.
The only other possible cause would be a shok buff…

Horse'nround 09-14-2022 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrHenley (Post 175673)

Doc. Did you hear that Zip sound? That was your statement flying right over Caleb's head...:outta: