COTEP.org

COTEP.org (https://www.cotep.org/forum/index.php)
-   Wheel Guns (https://www.cotep.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   New Dan Wesson .357 Magnum's for Sale! (https://www.cotep.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1401)

dw1911 02-19-2012 12:43 AM

New Dan Wesson .357 Magnum's for Sale!

I just saw that Cove Creek is selling NEW Dan Wesson Revolvers!!!!
.357 Magnum, 6" Stainless Steel
http://www.covecreekoutfitters.com/g...7-mag-revolver
Anyone here know about this?
I KNOW that DW used to make the Finest Large Frame Revolvers!

Steve CT 02-19-2012 09:38 PM

Dan Wesson/CZ announced about a year ago that the Model 715 Stainless .357 Magnum would be re-introduced. They are now in gunshops in the 6" VH (Vent Heavy) configuration only, there are not yet any Pistol Packs or other barrel configurations. I am a longtime DW revolver shooter, and I own several of the original Monson 715's.

I recently handled one of the new ones, it has an outstanding stainless finish, fit and function seems very good, it is a very faithful re-introduction of the classic DW revolver. It's also EXPENSIVE, the one I saw was $1068, and that was about $200 below MSRP. Dan Wesson/CZ has maintained parts and service for the original DW design, and this new one appears to be a very refined, classy continuation of the design.

The 715 is (and always has been) their Small Frame. The .41 and .44 were Large Frame, and the SuperMags were a stretched Large Frame. DW revolver accuracy has always been due largely to the tensioned barrel design and the cylinder latch housed on the crane, no reason to think that the accuracy has changed since none of the design changed.

dw1911 02-19-2012 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve CT (Post 16117)
Dan Wesson/CZ announced about a year ago that the Model 715 Stainless .357 Magnum would be re-introduced. They are now in gunshops in the 6" VH (Vent Heavy) configuration only, there are not yet any Pistol Packs or other barrel configurations. I am a longtime DW revolver shooter, and I own several of the original Monson 715's.

I recently handled one of the new ones, it has an outstanding stainless finish, fit and function seems very good, it is a very faithful re-introduction of the classic DW revolver. It's also EXPENSIVE, the one I saw was $1068, and that was about $200 below MSRP. Dan Wesson/CZ has maintained parts and service for the original DW design, and this new one appears to be a very refined, classy continuation of the design.

The 715 is (and always has been) their Small Frame. The .41 and .44 were Large Frame, and the SuperMags were a stretched Large Frame. DW revolver accuracy has always been due largely to the tensioned barrel design and the cylinder latch housed on the crane, no reason to think that the accuracy has changed since none of the design changed.

This is a good thing! :hail:

markenki 02-19-2012 09:58 PM

Will there be a four-inch version?

AutoMag 02-20-2012 09:09 AM

That is good to know!!:)

I still have an original DW 715 and it is dead on. They are probably the most accurate revolver due to the fact that the barrel is under tension at both ends!!!

herefordman1 02-20-2012 09:38 AM

I like 'em. Just a bit pricey IMHO.

Jim

titanse05 02-20-2012 10:14 AM

I'm about 45 minutes away from that shop and my shooting buddy just bought a DW Valor (black) from there last month. As nice as the new DW revolvers look, they just don't seem that special to command the asking price IMHO.

Zilmo 02-20-2012 11:09 AM

Far out! My very first gun purchase was a DW revolver about 35 years ago.

Riverpigusmc 02-20-2012 05:47 PM

I'm sure they are quality revolvers, but that's more than I'm gonna spend on a wheelgun

Steve CT 02-20-2012 08:49 PM

Yes, it is too much money,on the other hand, MSRP on a Taurus Tracker is $665. The real value in all of this is that they might just get back into the SuperMag business at some point in time. These come out of Norwich, NY, same as the 1911's.