COTEP.org

COTEP.org (https://www.cotep.org/forum/index.php)
-   Pulling The Trigger (https://www.cotep.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Where have you trained? (https://www.cotep.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1693)

DrHenley 08-12-2014 04:03 PM

Rifle training was at an early age - father, Boy Scout Camp, YMCA camp, etc.
I muddled through on my own with a pistol until a few years ago when a friend who was a civilian contractor marksmanship trainer for the Army got me on the right path.
I never really considered myself proficient until I began IDPA, and that really forced me to practice hard and take my proficiency up a few notches. I was really nervous the first year of IDPA, but eventually got to the point where things like operating the safety, aiming, reloading, controlling my muzzle, clearing jams, etc. became automatic.

brownie 08-12-2014 05:25 PM

Marines; [ Swat, swat team leader, counter sniper at HK, Va. ]; SIONICS [ studies in organized negation of insurgency and counter subversion ]- this from former OSS operative Mitch WerBell 111 and his cadre; CAR [ Center Axis Relock basics from master CAR leo], ComTech [ 9 of James Keatings Riddle of Steel events ]; Mike Janich blade training.

GD2A 08-12-2014 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brownie (Post 85434)
Marines; [ Swat, swat team leader, counter sniper at HK, Va. ]; SIONICS [ studies in organized negation of insurgency and counter subversion ]- this from former OSS operative Mitch WerBell 111 and his cadre; CAR [ Center Axis Relock basics from master CAR leo], ComTech [ 9 of James Keatings Riddle of Steel events ]; Mike Janich blade training.

I don't have Brownie's specialized training but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express :D

milkmanjoe 08-12-2014 05:32 PM

Put quite a few thousand down range with Brownie too....Quick Kill Pistol....many techniques he teaches......Every time I go to my SC house I start with accuracy drills from bttbob and go to Quick Kill Pistol.....hours on end.

pitor 01-01-2015 12:17 PM

I've trained with Terry Hall extensively, Brownie (Robin Brown, master pistolero), & Bob Harvey from Boca Raton. If course I've done my own share of technique explorations, developing methods that work for me and give me an edge out on the streets.

I will forever remain a student of the pistola and will continue to regularly seek knowledge and training from those more knowledgeable than me.

Mind is the limiting factor... where have I heard this before???? Mmmm...

brownie 01-01-2015 08:39 PM

Appreciate the thoughts pitor,

Thanks Joe, hope all is well in SC

brownie 01-01-2015 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GD2A (Post 85436)
I don't have Brownie's specialized training but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express :D

Where do you think I got my training? :D

milkmanjoe 01-01-2015 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brownie (Post 97667)
Where do you think I got my training? :D

funny

BeerHunter 01-05-2015 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkmanjoe (Post 85437)
Put quite a few thousand down range with Brownie too....Quick Kill Pistol....many techniques he teaches......Every time I go to my SC house I start with accuracy drills from bttbob and go to Quick Kill Pistol.....hours on end.

Military a long time ago and like milkmanjoe, most recently with brownie for the many skills he teaches in QK rifle, shotgun, and pistol. Excellent training, that! nanner

Hope to train more with him this year, and also with bttbob and the guys at Okeechobee, too, particularly after the move back to SoFLA.