COTEP.org

COTEP.org (https://www.cotep.org/forum/index.php)
-   Main Forum (https://www.cotep.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Back from Pigeon Forge (https://www.cotep.org/forum/showthread.php?t=16588)

Boats 09-27-2020 03:09 PM

Back from Pigeon Forge

Back from a week and change vacation in Pigeon Forge TN with the whole family. We had a really nice, large cabin on the side of a beautiful mountain in the Great Smokeys.

While there, my daughter's BF (E-6 SO with 8 years and 3 deployments) visited while driving back to Hampton Roads from Indiana where he was attending the SEAL sniper course. It was our first opportunity to meet him. He seemed like a solid guy - I liked him.

He brought back with him his DMR in 5.56 with Leupold glass, and a big old suppressor, as well as several kinds of night vision.

We had a great time shooting at some targets down the mountain at about 200 yds. The suppressor was pretty cool. No ears required, but still reasonably loud. I had never shot a DMR, and though I'd love to have one, they go for a pretty price.

Anyway, I'm back.

Boats

Caleb 09-27-2020 05:56 PM

Welcome back. The little lady and I love it up there! Sounds like you had a great time, especially being able to shoot on vacation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Riverpigusmc 09-27-2020 06:38 PM

i went up there once..unlike Nawleans. Can't remember why I can't go back

BlackKnight 09-27-2020 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riverpigusmc (Post 172724)
i went up there once..unlike Nawleans. Can't remember why I can't go back

Left a trail of broken hearts? 😂

Semper Paratus 09-27-2020 08:54 PM

:pics:

That's all I have to say

sdmc530 09-27-2020 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Semper Paratus (Post 172726)
:pics:

That's all I have to say

this is correct! :D

Boats 09-28-2020 07:23 AM

Sorry guys, I intentionally didn't take any pictures. I'm not sure if having this weapon out and about was cool, and also he does not advertise that he is a SEAL at all. He has zero social media presence.

Boats

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdmc530 (Post 172729)
this is correct! :D

RKP 09-28-2020 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boats (Post 172733)
Sorry guys, I intentionally didn't take any pictures. I'm not sure if having this weapon out and about was cool, and also he does not advertise that he is a SEAL at all. He has zero social media presence.

Boats

^^ Certainly makes sense.

DaFadda 09-30-2020 01:26 PM

Hey Boats!

You came from Indiana, down 65 to 40 to exit 407 and you didn't stop in Mount Juliet for a helping of ribs and corn for you and your family?

Harummph.

Next time you are in Nashville area, send me a message and we'll get together for some BBQ at my home! Where in Indiana are you? I have family in Indianapolis and in Anderson. We drive up there to visit often

Michael

Boats 09-30-2020 04:37 PM

Hey Mike,

You read it wrong. Daughter's BF was in Indiana at a Navy school.

We are from SE Virginia (wife and I both retired Navy). However, next time we get down that way, we'll surely look you up.

As a matter of fact, that's a great idea. Any time I travel from now on, I'll let the group know so we can meet up if possible.

I'll be heading to Charleston, SC the weekend of Nov 7th for an annual Navy hog roast, raising money for the Semper Fi fund that we've been doing for 50 years. Anyone in the area should contact me if you would like to come and have a good time. Free beer and wine, and great bbq and usually venison. With the covid stuff, we will not be as heavily attended this year, I don't think.

Actually. it's a pig roast, but I didn't want to say pig, because you know what happens when we say pig.

Anyone travelling in the Hampton Roads, VA area should contact me so that we can get together. If there's anyone else on the forum from here, let me know! I've never met any of you in person.

Cheers,
Boats

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFadda (Post 172754)
Hey Boats!

You came from Indiana, down 65 to 40 to exit 407 and you didn't stop in Mount Juliet for a helping of ribs and corn for you and your family?

Harummph.

Next time you are in Nashville area, send me a message and we'll get together for some BBQ at my home! Where in Indiana are you? I have family in Indianapolis and in Anderson. We drive up there to visit often

Michael