COTEP.org

COTEP.org (https://www.cotep.org/forum/index.php)
-   Honor, Duty, Country (https://www.cotep.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Brandon passed the NCO promotion board (https://www.cotep.org/forum/showthread.php?t=15923)

skosh69 08-29-2018 12:25 PM

Brandon passed the NCO promotion board

What a great morning. Woke up and it’s our 22 second anniversary and then got a call from my son saying he passed the NCO promotion board. He now has to wait for a BLC slot aka leadership school, they called it PLDC when I was in.

I got pinned at exactly 3.5 years, he has 7 months to top that. I wish him the best.

AFJuvat 08-29-2018 12:34 PM

Congrats to him!

Clyde

sdmc530 08-29-2018 09:15 PM

Congrats!

MajO 08-29-2018 09:56 PM

Congratulations!

DrHenley 08-29-2018 10:39 PM

nanner

LittleGator 08-30-2018 10:02 AM

Congratulations to your son! Well done.

FfNJGTFO 08-30-2018 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skosh69 (Post 163025)
What a great morning. Woke up and it’s our 22 second anniversary and then got a call from my son saying he passed the NCO promotion board. He now has to wait for a BLC slot aka leadership school, they called it PLDC when I was in.

I got pinned at exactly 3.5 years, he has 7 months to top that. I wish him the best.

So, just to clarify, his passing of the NCO board would make him eligible for any NCO positions (i.e. Corporal --> Sergeant). I would gather he'd need to be approved by the SNCO board to get any SNCO position (Staff Sgt. & Above).

Correct?

skosh69 08-30-2018 07:06 PM

Thank you everyone!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by FfNJGTFO (Post 163034)
So, just to clarify, his passing of the NCO board would make him eligible for any NCO positions (i.e. Corporal --> Sergeant). I would gather he'd need to be approved by the SNCO board to get any SNCO position (Staff Sgt. & Above).

Correct?

Nope. It's not like the Navy or AF. All he needs now is the leadership course and to have enough promotion points and it's a done deal. The only thing that could hold him back is either he never gets the chance at the leadership course, which is highly unlikely, he doesn't have enough promotion points when he finishes the leadership course and lastly he doesn't have enough TIS (Time In Service) remaining if he completes all 3 forementioned requirements.

The latter is what happened to me regarding my E-6. I had passed the board, went to BNCOC and had the points. At the time, the Army required that you have a minimum 18 months TIS in order to get pinned, I had about 6 months left. They said if I wanted my rocker, I had to extend. I politely told them what they could do with that rocker. Nevertheless, the Army screwed up and guess what, my DD214 says that I did in fact make E-6. Buwahahaha Shame on them.

Caleb 08-30-2018 09:37 PM

Congratulations brother to you and also to a great man you have raised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skosh69 08-31-2018 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caleb (Post 163041)
Congratulations brother to you and also to a great man you have raised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you brother, but I gotta admit, it was his momma that raised him right. This is my eldest child that, sadly I was not a part of his upbringing.