COTEP.org

COTEP.org (https://www.cotep.org/forum/index.php)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.cotep.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Greetings from Down on da Bayou! (https://www.cotep.org/forum/showthread.php?t=16829)

Kilowatt3 12-15-2023 02:57 PM

Greetings from Down on da Bayou!

Hi All,

Jim here, from down on da Bayou in SW Louisiana, near ol' Charlie's Lake.

Came across a couple of references to COTEP on another Forum, and decided to check it out. 1911 enthusiast since 1977, my current inventory is:

Colt Combat Commander, Special Combat Government, and Talo/WC Lightweight Commander,
Dan Wesson Valor, Valkyrie CCO, Vigil Commander, ECO, Heritage, and Bruin,
Les Baer PII,
Wilson Combat ACP,
Sig C3,
Tisas 1911A Service,
RIA GI Standard 9mm.

All are .45ACP except the 9mm RIA and the 10mm Bruin. Obviously I have a strong weakness for DW's! :)

Looking forward to getting to know you guys better!

Best regards,
Jim

BadOscar 12-15-2023 07:03 PM

Welcome, sorry about the wait getting in. The validation email thing stopped working.

Nice collection you have there.

sdmc530 12-15-2023 08:27 PM

Welcome JIM!
Nice collection there!

Welcome to the asylum!

DrHenley 12-15-2023 08:39 PM

Howdy from Georgia, via Southern Virginia!

BlackKnight 12-15-2023 09:34 PM

Welcome!

Semper Paratus 12-15-2023 09:47 PM

Welcome from Tidewater VA. Spent about 4+ years down there running around the Bayous doing vessel inspections during the 80's.

Kilowatt3 12-16-2023 08:35 AM

Thanks!

Thanks, Fellows, for the welcome and the info!

A few quick questions:

I seem to be tagged, "Mimber Lover" on my icon. I'm assuming this is a little dig at newbie Forum members (?). How do I get rid of it???

I see a lot of "Thanks" on various posts, but I do not see how to offer to others.

Do I get a Member # and/or card for joining the Forum, or is that a step up with other requirements?

Please advise!

DaFadda 12-16-2023 01:02 PM

welcome Jim!

sdmc530 12-16-2023 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kilowatt3 (Post 176431)
Thanks, Fellows, for the welcome and the info!

A few quick questions:

I seem to be tagged, "Mimber Lover" on my icon. I'm assuming this is a little dig at newbie Forum members (?). How do I get rid of it???

I see a lot of "Thanks" on various posts, but I do not see how to offer to others.

Do I get a Member # and/or card for joining the Forum, or is that a step up with other requirements?

Please advise!

I am not sure you can change the "mimber lvoer" tag I think its a badge or something admin has to change. I thought we could but couldn't' find it.

When you start a thread there is a thanks button at the bottom right of the initial post. There is there that comes from.

Member numbers were tracked by Clyde, but he has been MIA for a long while now. Not sure if Alex or Mike even has this data base. This is a good question, we should really try to get this list.

Riverpigusmc 12-16-2023 02:12 PM

Welcome from North Florida by the Georgia line. Used to get over to Loosiana when I lived in Dallas