COTEP.org

COTEP.org (https://www.cotep.org/forum/index.php)
-   Main Forum (https://www.cotep.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Glock Trigger (https://www.cotep.org/forum/showthread.php?t=11025)

Jdl2 05-21-2015 07:35 AM

Glock Trigger

Dear Ellison,

My EDC is a DW CCO or a Sig P938. Yesterday I picked up a new Glock 19 Gen 4 that fits my hand like a glove. I'm hoping to be able to carry this pistol after breaking it in. Haven't shot her yet but did lots of dry firing while watching TV last night. (A great documentary, THE WIDOWMAKER, on Netflix. Everyone needs to watch this! Subject - how to prevent heart attacks. I have two stents in my LAD so this really has me thinking.)

Anyway, I digress_

My initial Glock impression is the trigger pull feels very heavy, very long and very gritty. Is this the typical Glock trigger? After firing several hundred rounds through her can I expect this to improve or is there some mod you Glock guys make to your triggers?

Now Ellison, please put a sock in you mouth so you can't phone me :), and put mittens on your hands so you can't type a note to me :):), and give others a chance to share their experience.

Thank you Ellison, I love you brother!

Jim

BlackKnight 05-21-2015 08:11 AM

I hope you don't mind if I answer.
First off anyone that's never shot a Glock it takes some getting used to their trigger. One of the things a lot of people don't like them.
That being said check the trigger pull. It should be somewhere around the 5.5 lbs.
Anymore then that it probably has the new York trigger on it.
Also, there are a lot of after market triggers out there for them. Although, I have not used one yet.

milkmanjoe 05-21-2015 08:33 AM

Your trigger will become lighter after some shooting. You can Google(Youtube) a Glock 25 cent trigger job. Watch a few videos, it is pretty simple. I also install 3.5Lb connectors in my Glocks, andI polish the internals for a smoother pull. All very simple, all on Youtube. OR....you can go to a local gun show. There is almost always a Glock Certified Armorer at every gun show. Maybe $60-$65 and you'll have a REAL trigger job, replacement springs and connector included. Funny how I used to tune all my Glocks, for decades. Now for the first time I am leaning to going to the gun show, dropping off a gun for a trigger job, and shopping the aisles. I wondered why this was happening to me until I came across my birth certificate and saw the date I was born on. :D

sdmc530 05-21-2015 09:11 AM

I will chime in, I have a glock 21 the 10MM for hunting. I didn't mind the stiff trigger because I am taking long shots with it so it worked out. I like my glock, its a good gun shoots straight, better after I changed the barrel. I did nothing to my trigger and its lighter than factory now but still stiffer then I would have in a 1911. Just use it as is for now and see how it plays out. You can get trigger kits everwhere on line if you still want to swap out. Glocks are super easy to work on. Very simple gun really.

congrats!

skosh69 05-21-2015 09:23 AM

:banghead:

BlackKnight 05-21-2015 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skosh69 (Post 110808)

Btw, I'm waiting for my Glock 43 to come in. :D

milkmanjoe 05-21-2015 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackKnight (Post 110810)
Btw, I'm waiting for my Glock 43 to come in. :D

Me too...:D

sdmc530 05-21-2015 12:44 PM

is that the new .38?

flphotog 05-21-2015 01:03 PM

I had a glock once, never again. If it fits your hand you must have square hands

Caleb 05-21-2015 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdmc530 (Post 110829)
is that the new .38?

Single stack 9mm.