COTEP.org

COTEP.org (https://www.cotep.org/forum/index.php)
-   News and Politics (https://www.cotep.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Shooting in Alexandria, Va. This morning (https://www.cotep.org/forum/showthread.php?t=14879)

FfNJGTFO 06-14-2017 11:02 AM

Shooting in Alexandria, Va. This morning

Apparently, the shooter, armed with what some witnesses described as an AK-47 semi-auto rifle, arrived at a baseball park in Alexandria, Va, where it appears several members of the US Congress were practicing for a baseball event. One congressman Scalise was hit along with some congressional aides. It seems, also, that some of the US Capitol police that were assigned to protect Congressman Scalise responded immediately and engaged the shooter, hitting the shooter and neutralizing the threat. Reports are that there were a total of 5 people injured (including the shooter and two Capitol LEOs), but no official info. yet on the severity of any injuries or if anyone has died (although there are rumors that the shooter has died).

Va. Gov. McAuliffe has already given a news conference calling for more "Gun Control!" :mad: That said, it does seem that he was baited into answering by the MSM. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

More to come Later. It appears President Trump will make an address on this at 11:30 EDT.

Update: President Trump just concluded his address where he indicated that the shooter has died from his injuries.

skosh69 06-14-2017 11:51 AM

News report I saw said that the shooter asked "are you republican or democrat?".

Prayers for the injured

FfNJGTFO 06-14-2017 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skosh69 (Post 152238)
News report I saw said that the shooter asked "are you republican or democrat?".

Prayers for the injured

Apparently, he came up to a congressional aide and asked, "Who is that playing?" And, when that aide replied, "Some congressmen..." he asked, "Are they democrat or republican...".

I see some commentary now on whether that should be a "security" question... (i.e. one not answered when asked because of that security risk)...

Xbonz 06-14-2017 12:24 PM

News reports say he was a Sanders supporter...

FfNJGTFO 06-14-2017 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xbonz (Post 152241)
News reports say he was a Sanders supporter...

People are posting things from his FB page, which would support that report (that he was a Sanders supporter). Bernie has already gone on record as condemning the act.

Riverpigusmc 06-14-2017 04:04 PM

Now Congress is looking to pass legislation so they can carry anywhere. For me but not for thee....

DaFadda 06-14-2017 04:21 PM

just an aside... I'm beginning to wonder about the political inclinations of mass shooters. What were the political leanings of the Sandy Hook shooter (known fact, since I lived one town away at the time, his family and he were very liberal Democrats. What about Columbine? etc etc etc?

Just thinking... because there are those who will insist that ALL shootings are done by right wing conservatives... they just haven't said it yet.

DaFadda

pitor 06-14-2017 10:25 PM

My heart goes out to all the victims of this senseless shooting.

Again the knee-jerk reaction of the left is to call for more gun control when in reality it is the violent tendencies of the left that need to be addressed in this case. Time and time again liberals show violent tendencies related to their emotions and their disdain for others and other political affiliations.

aqualungs 06-15-2017 06:47 PM

Shooting in Alexandria, Va. This morning

Obviously guns and training aided in protecting the would be victims from certain death. There would be more deaths without that security detachment. We need need to be able to protect our flock from the wolves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk